Hyatt Place w/ Value Trips 2020. Cancel?

jlocole

7 hours ago, jlocole said:

Value trip has 2020 rates available now.

Can anyone confirm if you can cancel a Valuetrips reservation if required?

Yes...You just contact the hotel directly...time frame applies but I believe it's 24/48 hours prior to arrival...This cancellation info should be on the ValueTrips website. I also always confirm my reservation directly with Hyatt Place when made through ValueTrips.

FYI...I've booked Hyatt Place a few times with VT but for our reservation this month I actually got a better member rate booking directly with Hyatt.

14 hours ago, jlocole said:

A few months ago I booked the HP through Valuetrips, as the price was MUCH cheaper than going through the Hyatt site (especially for us Canadians). Interestingly, we ended up receiving an actual Hyatt hotels confirmation as well as the VT confirmation. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I decided to cancel the VT reservation and and rebook the HP through AMEX travel instead. I sent the cancellation in through the Hyatt website and the cancellation confirmation came back instantly. I didn't see the need to bother cancelling through VT.

52 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

A few months ago I booked the HP through Valuetrips, as the price was MUCH cheaper than going through the Hyatt site (especially for us Canadians). Interestingly, we ended up receiving an actual Hyatt hotels confirmation as well as the VT confirmation. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and I decided to cancel the VT reservation and and rebook the HP through AMEX travel instead. I sent the cancellation in through the Hyatt website and the cancellation confirmation came back instantly. I didn't see the need to bother cancelling through VT.

I have searched everywhere (except AMEX, not a cardholder) and no price comes close to the VT rate after converting to CDN.  I am a bottom feeder on Hyatt so no deals found there. Did you find prices lowered on sites nearer the date of travel?

I read all the info on VT after I posted and learned any cancellation would be through Hyatt.   Thanks!

1 minute ago, jlocole said:

I have searched everywhere (except AMEX, not a cardholder) and no price comes close to the VT rate after converting to CDN.  I am a bottom feeder on Hyatt so no deals found there. Did you find prices lowered on sites nearer the date of travel?

I read all the info on VT after I posted and learned any cancellation would be through Hyatt.   Thanks!

I've not noticed whether prices dropped closer to the date of travel, but it's certainly possible. I always make sure I book hotels with the slightly higher free cancellation rate, so if prices DO drop, I can re-book at the lower rate with no charge.

In this specific case, I only cancelled VT and re-booked through AMEX travel as we get a yearly $200 travel credit, making the HP extremely cheap. Otherwise, I would have stuck with our usual VT/Hyatt booking and still saved a ton.

1 hour ago, jlocole said:

what is the price through VT for your dates?

I booked  direct  with HP for  Dec 5th

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

what is the price through VT for your dates?

I booked  direct  with HP for  Dec 5th

It is $159 for Oct - Dec,  and $219 for Jan - April. 

I need a pre-cruise room for  my March 29 cruise.

It is tough to find a place near the port for under $300 Canadian. Hyatt Place through VT just makes it!

1 hour ago, jlocole said:

It is $159 for Oct - Dec,  and $219 for Jan - April. 

I need a pre-cruise room for  my March 29 cruise.

It is tough to find a place near the port for under $300 Canadian. Hyatt Place through VT just makes it!

Thanks

I do not usually convert to CAD   but just use USD amount

I have a TD USD  account/VISA  so pay in USD 

it is what it is  when travelling 🙂

I just checked the VT rate vs the Hyatt direct rate for our April 3, 2020 stay. $219 from VT, $285 for Hyatt member rate, both with "equivalent" free cancellation, before taxes, etc. For the dates we  travel, VT is always much cheaper, especially when we convert into Canadian, eh.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2019 at 5:18 PM, jlocole said:

From the Booking page: "NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty."

5 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

From the Booking page: "NOTE: If your plans change, you must call to change or cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before your arrival date to avoid a no-show penalty."

Call Hyatt Place directly if you need to cancel...VT at that point has nothing to do with your reservation. Also call HP directly to confirm your reservation and to make any changes or requests....they will then give you their booking number for your reservation.

We just stayed Oct 20-23 there.

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

Call Hyatt Place directly if you need to cancel...VT at that point has nothing to do with your reservation. Also call HP directly to confirm your reservation and to make any changes or requests....they will then give you their booking number for your reservation.

We just stayed Oct 20-23 there.

Did you like the hotel?   How was the breakfast?  Did you use their airport or port shuttle?  Would Uber take us for less?

I can see my reservation on the Hyatt website.

We stayed there this past March.  We liked that HP is close to shopping and places to eat. We also liked it better than ES because there are fewer guests and no problems with the elevators on embarkation day.  It also seemed 'fresher' and not old as the ES.  It was also a bit cheaper.

Breakfast is so-so.  A buffet style with a good selection of juices,  fruits, breads and doughnuts.  Scrambled eggs were set out and they had a bacon/sausages etc.  Don't remember if they had pancakes or waffles.  Coffee was very good.  If you use VT I think you may have to sign up as a Hilton member to get the free breakfast and tell them your membership number when you arrive.  No charge to signup online.

We took the shuttle to port that was offered thru the hotel desk.  I believe it was $7 or $8 each.  The driver does this all the time so he knows some in and outs that perhaps a Uber/Lyft drive wouldn't know.  Uber/Lyft might be a few $ less but we appreciated that we weren't on the van for a very long time and had a good time joking with the other passengers onboard.

Have a great time on your cruise!

I booked through VT on Monday this week at the Hyatt place for 1 nite pet cruise in Jan and have not received a confirmation yet. How long should it take? Do they tell you if your reservation isn’t accepted for some reason?

2 hours ago, Kadiem said:

I booked through VT on Monday this week at the Hyatt place for 1 nite pet cruise in Jan and have not received a confirmation yet. How long should it take? Do they tell you if your reservation isn’t accepted for some reason?

It will take usually a long bit of time before you hear from VT...so don't hold your breath. If you've heard nothing by late Nov early Dec...call Hyatt Place directly to confirm.

2 hours ago, lawk said:

On the Hyatt website, I see 2 Hyatt Places, one is Airport/Cruiseport and one is the 17th Street Convention Centre. Which Hyatt Place is everyone booking?

Hyatt Place 17th Street Convention Center...right next to the Harbor shopping center...a Publix market, shops and restaurant. Just returned from another stay there last month.

13 hours ago, lawk said:

On the Hyatt website, I see 2 Hyatt Places, one is Airport/Cruiseport and one is the 17th Street Convention Centre. Which Hyatt Place is everyone booking?

We book the 17th Street location - staying again next month.  Much better location IMO.