River tubing- celebrity excursion

Taclin01

For me, I don't like those type of river excursions on any of the islands.  Sanitation on all of the islands has all sorts of waste draining into the rivers and I don't want that kind of exposure on my vacation.  I would stick to water excursions in the ocean.

Yes, we have done river tubing via X on both Granada and Dominica.  We have been to both islands several times and keep notes on what we do.

Recommend Dominica highly and just did it January 2019.  Dominica is very different than the other islands with lush mountains and the trip to the river gives you the chance to see it.  The guys on the river were just great and lots of fun.  

Did tubing in Granada back in 2012.  Notes say it was "only ok".  Take the water taxi to Grande Anse Beach there instead.

Do the tubing on Dominica.  

PS:  Hold me back from talking about sanitation comment by "I pee in the pool" above!!!   

We were on Summit in April and had the option of river tubing on both islands. We chose river tubing on Dominica and loved it. We don't have first-hand experience with river tubing in Grenada, but I read reviews that seemed to indicate it was just as fun.

One idea is to do river tubing on the first of those two islands. If you really like it, you can sign up to do it again on the other island.

I've visited both but haven't done river tubing on either one. Which brings me to this point: what is your second choice of activity on each island and how do they compare? If tubing on both get more or less equal reviews, go with whichever one has the less favourable second choice.

I would recommend doing the Roseau Valley Treasures tour with Bumpiing tours in Dominica and river tubing in Grenada. Did this back in April with my niece and she loved both of them. I had done river tubing in Grenada in December as well and everyone on the excursion had a good time. But by far the best in Dominica is tours with Bumpiing and if you're lucky you might get Levi as your guide. Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge & Champagne reef can't be beat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PelicanLvr said:

PS:  Hold me back from talking about sanitation comment by "I pee in the pool" above!!!   

Who would know better the me? 🤔

Seriously, the sanitation concerns are real.  Ignore them at your own risk.  People worry about washing their hands after touching a doorknob and then go swim in what often amounts to be an open sewer.   

We did the river tubing excursion in Dominica through Celebrity last December as the time in port was a bit limited, and I wanted to be assured that the ship will wait for us if the tour was delayed in returning.  We also had some OBC to burn and there was a sale; two more reasons I booked through the ship, which I rarely do.  We all had a great time.  Our group was broken up into several small vans / buses, which was much better than having to be in a large bus with 50-plus other people.  There was a lot of driving and the roads can be windy, so make sure you take your meds if you get carsick easily.  The river tubing itself was great - lots of fun yet still very relaxing at the same time.  You can read about it in my trip report; link is in my signature below.  The section on Dominica starts on page 10, post #241.  BTW, we also visited Grenada during our cruise but did not do any excursions on that island.

Have fun on your cruise, no matte what excursion you may choose!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I've visited both but haven't done river tubing on either one. Which brings me to this point: what is your second choice of activity on each island and how do they compare? If tubing on both get more or less equal reviews, go with whichever one has the less favourable second choice.

You asked for a second choice on Dominica.....well Whale watching there is outstanding.  Did it by RIB boat a few years ago and it was great.  Yes, we did see whales and some live there year round...but most plentiful in the winter.  Whale watching by smaller boat (not the big giant crowded one) would be my first choice.

On Grenada we have done excursions, but still come back to going to Grande Anse beach.  Take the water taxi next to the pier and walk down the beach away from the crowds.  We like it in front of Spice Island Resort.  Much quieter than by the water taxi dock.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, snyniew said:

I would recommend doing the Roseau Valley Treasures tour with Bumpiing tours in Dominica and river tubing in Grenada. Did this back in April with my niece and she loved both of them. I had done river tubing in Grenada in December as well and everyone on the excursion had a good time. But by far the best in Dominica is tours with Bumpiing and if you're lucky you might get Levi as your guide. Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge & Champagne reef can't be beat.

Definitely recommend Bumpiing Tours with Levi.  Awesome value for the money.

The excursion listed below (Grenada) was one of the best excursions I've ever been on.  Very small group, incredible guides and beautiful sculptures in a protected area.  

Snorkeling/Powerboat Adventure

I also did the River Tubing in Dominica and although the river was VERY low and it took a long time to get down the river, it was a blast!  The guys that helped you along were so much fun and because you would have to link together at times, you got to know your excursion mates pretty well.