Edge dining - mostly MDR

suec12

Time for another dining thread? We are going on the Edge soon, first time on that ship, been on X many other times. We will eat most nights in the various MDR's - anyone want to give mention to items from the portion of the menus devoted to the cuisine of that dining room's theme? Many items sound good! what recommendations do you have? Thanks!

We were on board for the 15 night transatlantic in April/May.   We had all our dinners in the MDR's except for one night in Eden (which we won in the Newlywed/Not So Newlywed Game).

Here are my standouts: 

Cyprus:

Greek Salad (very good!)

Greek Style Grilled Sea Bass (had a couple times....very good)

Cosmopolitan:

Seared Scallops (appetizer)

Normandie:

Alsatian Potato and Gruyere Tart (YUMMY - had every time I dined here)

Beef Tenderloin en Croute (essentially Beef Wellington)

Tuscan:

No standouts for me.   Not sure I ordered any of the specialties here.

We found the dinners on Edge to be some of the best we have had on Celebrity - even considering back to the Michel Roux days when we first started cruising.   Had a couple of misses on the lunch menu - Pad Thai - nothing like any Pad Thai I have ever had......

Enjoy!

Joe

• Like 1

Great new thread!

We're going to be on board  Nov 15th with the 4 mdr plan..Taking notes  of the standouts. Sailed previously in AQ Class  in BLU on EDGE,  but looking forward to the variety of the 4 mdrs,

What is Taste of the EDGE?

We have the Classic alc package, how was the wine and drink service ?

Can we bring a drink in with us? 

Did you sit with others?

Did you have res?

How did you handle extra tips, if any?

Edited by hcat

I experienced exceptional quality food in Cosmopolitan. I asked multiple times if this quality would be the new or returned X standard. No one understood the question. It was as good as Luminae and Blu at its peak. Surpassed the worst stages of various speciality menus over the years. Fingers crossed it continues.

It may have stopped but during December we could order our elite drinks in the restaurant. These things change so often, only someone on board might know.

Edited by hulamoon

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Can we bring a drink in with us? 

Did you sit with others?

Did you have res?

How did you handle extra tips, if any?

We often brought a drink in with us from the Elite Cocktail Hour.

We never had a problem getting a table for two, which is our preference.   That said, tables are close together so easy to communicate too which we often did as well.

We pre-booked our reservations prior to boarding and never had more that a couple minute wait for a table.    We did see those without reservations sometimes being told of waits of up to 40 minutes (they were given a beeper).

We did not do any extra tipping.   

Joe

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Great new thread!

What is Taste of the EDGE?

Hi Hcat, it was on the pre-revenue cruises last year mainly aimed at TAs and media.  We were on the United Way pre-cruise and were lucky to experience it.

Edited by Oville

29 minutes ago, Oville said:

Hi Hcat, it was on the pre-revenue cruises last year mainly aimed at TAs and media.  We were on the United Way pre-cruise and were lucky to experience it.

Thanks to all for the answers

...guess we'll be  on our own for menu choices...looking forward to it!  I think it was a good time to take a break from BLU!

We have pre booked res for 8 nights...2 in each mdr.  9th night we have a late  excursion and will eat on shore as part of it...

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

...guess we'll be  on our own for menu choices...looking forward to it!  I think it was a good time to take a break from BLU!

We have pre booked res for 8 nights...2 in each mdr.  9th night we have a late  excursion and will eat on shore as part of it...

We were assigned to the Cyprus and had two terrific meals there, Greek salad and lamb shank come to mind.  Also loved the samples from the Normandie, Pate and Beef En Croute.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes, the Taste of the Edge had a sample from each restaurant (4 MDRs,  Specialties, ? Blu and Luminae) outside with someone to explain the dish/menu - we also had one of their specialty drinks with it.  🙂  Good times! We got to do it twice on the 2 pre-preview cruises and maybe again on the Preview cruise. It was a fun way to sample things from each restaurant. Hope they do it on the Apex Inaugural as well.

One tip that may or may not be helpful: When I booked the 4 MDRs for our cruises, I didn't book Normandie (with the Beef Tenderloin En Croute) for what I assume is Chic Night as there will be too many good choices - I want to order the Normandie special dishes that night. I did book Normandie for the night we are in Le Havre. 🙂  If one of the 4 MDRs has some good exclusives you want to try, you might not want to go to that MDR on Chic night.

image.thumb.png.ee7b2be34524a927c410f718816365f8.png

image.png.e7052fe015ec89e38ac70d8765fd0317.png

1691888669_tasteofedge4.jpg.d54cb4622ebe837dfe85a1a8ae9fd1bd.jpg1751153465_tasteofedge2.thumb.jpg.47be0fe167ffd7ba48a48e1df7522a8e.jpg461556045_tasteofedge1.thumb.jpg.62810917a84814d5bbb66d9025eba7fe.jpg

I suggest staying away from these - the food is so good at Eden, except these!

image.png.cfd67920d32f370b459a5a9c20d0fd4f.png

Edited by vtcruising

Vtcruising, thanks for the pix and reminders.  One of the best things I tasted was the Shrimp Tempura at Raw on 5 and the worst the Short Rib at Cosmopolitan.  We never made it to Eden.  We’ll remedy that in January.

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

Vtcruising, thanks for the pix and reminders.  One of the best things I tasted was the Shrimp Tempura at Raw on 5 and the worst the Short Rib at Cosmopolitan.  We never made it to Eden.  We’ll remedy that in January.

We love the shrimp tempura at Raw on 5 and at Sushi on 5 - we have 1-2 shrimp tempura rolls for lunch several days during our X cruises - the best! The drink they paired here was really good too, if I remember correctly (after sampling all those drinks, I may not remember correctly 😉). Good times...

image.thumb.png.45bad617cb5d6d48c5102dcb66c57059.png

Looks and sounds good..

We plan to do alot of  walking and gym visits  to  offset  all the extra food consumption!. 

We picked alternating  nights  for the restaurants so it will be random as to which are chic nights. 

Found the decor/art  and service  in Tuscan to be quite pleasing  during ELite breakfast..Hope dinner  has the same vibe.

• Like 1

Off topic but related

Do we know  if the APEX main  dining rooms will have the same names?

Are menusm etc  already in the cruise app?

Wonder  if they have the have dup art planned  for these spaces..esp Normandie?

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Off topic but related

Do we know  if the APEX main  dining rooms will have the same names?

Are menusm etc  already in the cruise app?

Wonder  if they have the have dup art planned  for these spaces..esp Normandie?

The deck plans still have the same 4 MDRs with same names, but we will see - I suspect they will have the same name.

The Apex isn't on the App yet as far as I can see.

The paneling in Normandie is unique, but maybe they have more panels for the Apex. I think some of the art in those MDRs is one of a kind, but may have some reproductions that they can keep the same or from same collection on the Apex. I imagine the overall design, colors and soft goods will be the same or similar. I am hoping for a dining reveal, if only to present similarities and the small changes they have hinted at over the last few months. Not sure why it is such a big secret - reveals generally help generate excitement and sales. Oh well, they didn't ask me. 🙂

No big APEX  reveals at all so far...Wonder how bookings are going? 

Getting  excited about EDGE...making notes of the dishes highlighted here and a few we spotted on the menus. 

Has anyone been to the  Grand Cafe  brunch recently?  Can that be pre booked? What about pre booking lunch at the sushi  place when it is attached to the Magic Carpet?  We will stop by  these restaurant on boarding day.

Are the early sail specials  being offered on Edge? We have never bought a dining package but occasionally take advantage of discounts onboard. Are they offered on Edge? What is the current status?

We were so happy with the main dining room maybe that will do as a break from Luminae.