Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Vibration

Yes, you will probably suffer vibration occasionally in those aft suites. Whether it is a problem for you depends on your personal susceptibility.

Personally we don’t have an issue with what we consider to be minor vibration on Voyager but do prefer a suite midships or forward.

In that aft location on deck 6 you may also experience some noise in the evening coming up from the Horizon Lounge beneath.

See SuiteGuru for feedback on suites near the location you are considering.

Hope you have a fabulous cruise - great itinerary.

PS: If this is your first Regent cruise don’t forget the Ambassador Programme

Edited by flossie009

Both of our Voyager cruises have been in Horizonview cabins, most recently in 667, and yes, there’s a bit of vibration but not enough to bother us.  YMMV.

The biggest issues with the vibration is clinking glassware or rattling ceiling tiles and those are both easy to take care of.

I’d book back there in a heartbeat, but if you’re very sensitive to clinking and vibrating you might want to think about it.  But we never found it to be a problem.

Agree with Bill!  We have also stayed in an aft Seven Seas Suite on Voyager.  The vibration is not consistent.  In our suite we felt the vibration mostly in the bathroom.  Some people are annoyed by it and others are not.  Highly recommend packing some duct tape in case the seas get a bit rough as the drawers tend to open and close and other things rattle.  To me that was more annoying than the vibration (and the rattling can happen on any ship in any location).

10 hours ago, hampshirelad said:

Have the option of booking a last minute cruise on Voyager between Dubai and Singapore in November.

Has anyone experience of noise and vibration on Deck 6 aft in the 664 - 671 range. These are the deluxe Veranda cabins  

Many thanks

WE were on Voyager the first year it was built and complained about vibration sometimes.  Other people also said the same thing.  Have not been on since so kinda forgot about it.  Will see next year when we sail again. 

5 hours ago, golfer21 said:

We were in 749 on Voyager 2 years ago, I found the vibration very annoying but my husband barely noticed it. I decided after the voyage that we would not book on Voyager again.

I would say that about 50% of passengers find it annoying (based on CC posts).  I would not avoid the Voyager as there is no vibration on most of the ship.  If you avoid the aft suites, you would be fine!

Some years ago,  when the Voyager was fairly new, I had the misfortune of having suite 667. And yes, it did vibrate. I didnt mind until I was in bed, then it felt as if somebody had fed the bed a quarter and it was giving you a vibrating "massage". Never again would I accept a similar location.

Editing to add that we went back to the Voyager twice, one suite was a mid ship location, the next time towards the front. No vibration issues there

Edited by cruiseluv

18 hours ago, golfer21 said:

We were in 749 on Voyager 2 years ago, I found the vibration very annoying but my husband barely noticed it. I decided after the voyage that we would not book on Voyager again.

16 hours ago, JMARINER said:

A few years ago we spent 28 days in 872 (3 from the back) and I don't recall any issue with vibrations.

J

10 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

Some years ago,  when the Voyager was fairly new, I had the misfortune of having suite 667. And yes, it did vibrate. I didnt mind until I was in bed, then it felt as if somebody had fed the bed a quarter and it was giving you a vibrating "massage". Never again would I accept a similar location.

Editing to add that we went back to the Voyager twice, one suite was a mid ship location, the next time towards the front. No vibration issues there

Just goes to show how the vibrations affect (or don’t) people differently.  For example, 749 is pretty much mid-ship and most people have no concerns staying there, but you can see that it affected one person enough they’ve crossed off the ship forever.

I’ve also noticed that the vibration is more pronounced at higher speeds (duh!) so itineraries with longer stretches between ports could be worse as the ship is traveling faster to arrive on time.  I’d assume that wind or sea conditions will also play into it.

The bottom line is that you’re on a large, complex machine moving a lot of weight through often rough seas...there will be movement and vibration.  You can’t escape that reality.  Whether it bothers you is more dependent on your tolerance than the actual movement.  I hate to say it, but you really won’t know until you try.

20 hours ago, RJB said:

WE were on Voyager the first year it was built and complained about vibration sometimes.  Other people also said the same thing.  Have not been on since so kinda forgot about it.  Will see next year when we sail again. 

As with Navigator, Regent has tried to lessen the vibration on Voyager and I think that they have done a pretty good job.  We first sailed Voyager in 2006 and the vibration seemed much stronger than it is today.  The aft vibration on Navigator is considerably stronger than on Voyager (glasses "walking across the table" in La Veranda) so, we have no problem sailing on Voyager.  She was our favorite ship until the debut of Explorer.

• 2 weeks later...