Aft Balcony Parties on Regal/Royal Princess

scanditaly

Hello folks;

I have a sailing coming up and we have the aft corner suite D726 on the Regal and plan to have a party (or two).  Please share if you have done this; particularly how many persons attended and how the space felt crowd-wise. Also, if there was any special service provided by any member of the staff, I'd love to know about it.  I've only done this on Celebrity ships, and it has always been a great event.

Thanks in advance,

Scanditaly

1 hour ago, scanditaly said:

Hello folks;

I have a sailing coming up and we have the aft corner suite D726 on the Regal and plan to have a party (or two).  Please share if you have done this; particularly how many persons attended and how the space felt crowd-wise. Also, if there was any special service provided by any member of the staff, I'd love to know about it.  I've only done this on Celebrity ships, and it has always been a great event.

Thanks in advance,

Scanditaly

Princess does not provide anything unless you purchase canapés/drinks etc from room service.

We had D 726 on the Royal and the Regal and had about 12 people out there.

The biggest issue was soot.

IMG_1001.JPG

• Like 2

Guest arowe6
18 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Princess does not provide anything unless you purchase canapés/drinks etc from room service.

We had D 726 on the Royal and the Regal and had about 12 people out there.

The biggest issue was soot.

IMG_1001.JPG

I don’t recall being invited to this party, Keith.... 

9 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

I don’t recall being invited to this party, Keith.... 

That's OK, you can crash this one.  😉

Keith;  thanks for the reply.  It is as I thought, and I will bring plenty of wine, but was hoping for a few snacks along with it.

Scanditaly. 

PS>  the photo is amazing.  Thank you again. 

I've "stopped" off a couple of bars to request those little containers of peanuts and other thirsty starters.  There's always food from the International Cafe or do a parade to the Pizza station.  Lots of options for "free" food rather than those awful canapes.  

Don't forget to pack yourself a wine bottle opener.  Steward will bring you a few glasses...Make it a bring your own drinking vessel and wine.

I was in D 726 on the Royal this year. You can easily have 20 guests on the balcony. We had a sail away party out of San Francisco. Our room steward provided wine glasses and extra ice. We just went to the lido and brought back cheese, meats , crackers etc.  I did ask the concierge for help, but he was totally useless. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, vino100 said:

I was in D 726 on the Royal this year. You can easily have 20 guests on the balcony. We had a sail away party out of San Francisco. Our room steward provided wine glasses and extra ice. We just went to the lido and brought back cheese, meats , crackers etc.  I did ask the concierge for help, but he was totally useless. 

We are booked in this room on the Sky next year.  It is my understanding it is one of the aft suites with more of an overhang above than other aft ones, can you confirm?

2 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We are booked in this room on the Sky next year.  It is my understanding it is one of the aft suites with more of an overhang above than other aft ones, can you confirm?

There are some photos at this link Gracie and it looks like the Baja and Dolphin have most overhang . We also booked this cabin for a April TA .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

4 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

There are some photos at this link Gracie and it looks like the Baja and Dolphin have most overhang . We also booked this cabin for a April TA .

Correct...but the aft part is only half covered and the side portion is fully covered. I've had both C738 and D726...both were great, but the one on Dolphin was the best!!!