Halloween Onboard

golfb4cruzing

31 minutes ago, golfb4cruzing said:

Thanks. I assumed there would be but luggage space is a premium.

Lots of things don't require much space.  All you really need is a mask and a few small accessories to pull off a fun look.

everything i'm bringing to wear next week is skulls, bats, crows or ghosts.  🙂  for me everyday is halloween, but i'm going to live it up on the cruise.

i will also suggest hitting up your dollar store, there are some super cute hair clips or headbands that can be used for custumes and take up practically no space and weigh next to nothing.

Edited by vampiress

We were onboard Emerald Princess at Halloween a couple of years ago. Many of the passengers and crew dressed for the occasion. We don't dress up but truly enjoyed some of the costumes. Some were really good. We'll just miss it this year as we have a disembarkation day on the 31st. They also decorate:

image.png.a29e9b51b2142146bd231d65771cf385.png

• Like 4

On the Sun Princess we were on in the Caribbean one Halloween, there was a pool party that night with many guests costumed, though more were not.  And the few children aboard that 9-night cruise were taken around ship by crew members for trick or treating.  Best of night had to go to the group of guys dressed like Dalmatians with their own Cruella de Ville.  Hilarious.

2 hours ago, vampiress said:

everything i'm bringing to wear next week is skulls, bats, crows or ghosts.  🙂  for me everyday is halloween, but i'm going to live it up on the cruise.

my sister just got her nails done in black with Halloween accents.   i’m just wearing a Day of the dead shirt and another skull shirt.  I tend to wear more harry potter clothes 😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, golfb4cruzing said:

I was thinking along those lines. It's all about the atmosphere anyways. Thanks

I like to cruise at Halloween- it's so much fun.  I go to a dollar store for things to wear - they have tons of Halloween accessories and they are so inexpensive I don't even bother to take them home.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

If I were actually cruising on Halloween I would bring a costume. I’m just going from October 14 to the 19th so I’m not expecting princes to do all that much.   However, the day of the dead should be celebrated in Cabo. My daughter-in-law likes Day of the dead decorations so I’m hoping I can pick something for her up in Cabo.

Another sister of mine is wearing her Sally costume from a nightmare before Christmas. 

Edited by jmadams

We sailed from Venice on Halloween Eve. We actually brought decorations from home to dress up the cabin and even bought masks.  My hubby, dressed as a Plague Doctor was quite the hit in the dining room.  There was a Halloween party and tons of decorations around the ship.,  Even the crew dressed up and got into the act.  We even had 'trick or treaters' (members of our roll call) .  It was a high point of a fabulous cruise!

33 minutes ago, jmadams said:

If I were actually cruising on Halloween I would bring a costume. I’m just going from October 14 to the 19th so I’m not expecting princes to do all that much.   However, the day of the dead should be celebrated in Cabo. My daughter-in-law likes Day of the dead decorations so I’m hoping I can pick something for her up in Cabo.

Another sister of mine is wearing her Sally costume from a nightmare before Christmas. 

Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead) is November 2nd and is celebrated October 31st to November 2nd.

thanks,  I didn’t know the dates.  people seem to  celebrate early. Went to a Mexican restaurant today and they had all of their day of the dead decorations out.  made me feel better about bringing a bunch of decorations with me because I guess it’s not too early.

on a side note, i’m still confused by boxing day.  I know it’s a holiday the British celebrate after Christmas Day but I don’t know why.

4 minutes ago, jmadams said:

thanks,  I didn’t know the dates.  people seem to  celebrate early. Went to a Mexican restaurant today and they had all of their day of the dead decorations out.  made me feel better about bringing a bunch of decorations with me because I guess it’s not too early.

on a side note, i’m still confused by boxing day.  I know it’s a holiday the British celebrate after Christmas Day but I don’t know why.

From Wikipedia........

Boxing Day is a secular holiday celebrated the day after Christmas Day. It originated in the United Kingdom and is celebrated in a number of countries that previously formed part of the British Empire. Boxing Day is on 26 December, although the attached bank holiday or public holidaymay take place either on that day or two days later.

In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year.[5] This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663.[6] This custom is linked to an older British tradition where the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families since they would have to serve their masters on Christmas Day. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts, bonuses, and sometimes leftover food. Until the late 20th century there continued to be a tradition among many in the UK to give a Christmas gift, usually cash, to vendors although not on Boxing Day as many would not work on that day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

From Wikipedia........

Boxing Day is a secular holiday celebrated the day after Christmas Day. It originated in the United Kingdom and is celebrated in a number of countries that previously formed part of the British Empire. Boxing Day is on 26 December, although the attached bank holiday or public holidaymay take place either on that day or two days later.

In Britain, it was a custom for tradesmen to collect "Christmas boxes" of money or presents on the first weekday after Christmas as thanks for good service throughout the year.[5] This is mentioned in Samuel Pepys' diary entry for 19 December 1663.[6] This custom is linked to an older British tradition where the servants of the wealthy were allowed the next day to visit their families since they would have to serve their masters on Christmas Day. The employers would give each servant a box to take home containing gifts, bonuses, and sometimes leftover food. Until the late 20th century there continued to be a tradition among many in the UK to give a Christmas gift, usually cash, to vendors although not on Boxing Day as many would not work on that day.

thx