Don’t Install the MedallionClass™ Application Update

MsSoCalCruiser

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I just tried again and I’m still getting the same message.  I have an iPhone 6; I wonder if only certain phones are having the problem? 

That maybe the problem, the update for the app maybe setup for IOS13 , unfortunately iPhone 6 doesn’t support that. 

I am sure Princess does not want me to tell you this BUT I did not want to spend an hour or more trying to get into the system BEFORE we cruised for 28 days a week ago getting off, had a cabin change during this. JUST went to counter w/board passes filled out and they just went over to where they kept CARDS area & pulled out our Medallions, name & cruise on them. Had problems onboard several times BUT so did the others who PRE signed up for them. PLENTY of help in separate area for getting phones, iPads etc set up, we were on Crown-28 day B.I and T/A

I still don't get what the purpose of the Medallion is FOR ME...(other than profit for Princess). 

Please help me...why would I need it? A card can open my cabin door, I don't drink alcohol so won't be at a bar, I've been on the ship before so won't get lost and I'm going solo so won't lose family/friends. Is there something else that's super important that I'll miss without it?

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I still don't get what the purpose of the Medallion is FOR ME...(other than profit for Princess). 

Please help me...why would I need it? A card can open my cabin door, I don't drink alcohol so won't be at a bar, I've been on the ship before so won't get lost and I'm going solo so won't lose family/friends. Is there something else that's super important that I'll miss without it?

No,  you pretty much covered it.  Which ship will you be crusing on?  If it's a medallion class ship; they will try and have you use a medallion on board

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

But do you eat French fries, lol?

6 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It shows that my software is 12.4.2 and no updates are available. Could this be why?

I just got the iPhone 11 pro a couple of days ago. I was able to log into Ocean Med until yesterday. Someone on our upcoming roll call placed a phone call to Princess and they (Princess)said it was an update problem (DUH), and suggested trying tomorrow(today). So, I tried earlier this morning and all went well.

2 minutes ago, CC Rider 69 said:

I just got the iPhone 11 pro a couple of days ago. I was able to log into Ocean Med until yesterday. Someone on our upcoming roll call placed a phone call to Princess and they (Princess)said it was an update problem (DUH), and suggested trying tomorrow(today). So, I tried earlier this morning and all went well.

Yes, it is an update issue. It started immediately after I installed the update. I also called Princess and was told the exact same thing.   Unfortunately, I am still having problems today.  

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes, it is an update issue. It started immediately after I installed the update. I also called Princess and was told the exact same thing.   Unfortunately, I am still having problems today.  

3 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Just checked and I'm still online.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Actually, no!  But they don't charge for them, do they??!! That would be the ultimate nickel-and-diming!🤯

No charge but they will deliver to you, if your app is working.   There were other things that they will deliver to you also but I can’t tell you what they are because my app never work. They did say that french fries were the most requested item.

Just a contrarian opinion....

I boarded the Crown 10/8. No problems with the Medallion Class app. A few days ago the update loaded to my tablet. Now Ocean Concierge is bundled in the app. The update has also loaded to my phone now. Still no problems, works great. Both are Samsung. 

Edited by cruise4kicks
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm on the Regal in 2 weeks and staying for 15 days.  I have no interest in this app or the Medallion...do I really need it?  Has it taken the place of a cruise card? I thought they said a couple years ago that people could have a cruise card if they didn't want the Medallion?

I love the whole idea about the medallion.   When it works, it’s awesome. And as an added bonus, my bracelet looks super cute. 

1 hour ago, cruise4kicks said:

Just a contrarian opinion....

I boarded the Crown 10/8. No problems with the Medallion Class app. A few days ago the update loaded to my tablet. Now Ocean Concierge is bundled in the app. The update has also loaded to my phone now. Still no problems, works great. Both are Samsung. 

I have an iPhone 6 so maybe that’s where the problem is. It’s wonderful that yours is working.