Air fare purchased through cunard - any deals?

Radar boomer

Hi

has anyone got any better deals booking through Cunard for flights for Canadians...from Southampton to Canada (looking at Ottawa)...we had airfare booked for a cruise a year ago but as we asked for air canada, the return fare for 2 in August from Ottawa to London was over $2,300..this total was a couple hundred more than if we booked it directly with air canada, but it did come with the protection of flight issues and boarding...

I called to ask a few weeks ago for an idea for next year 1 way from Southampton to Canada, but they said we needed a booking to get a price..I was curious if there are any deals to be had.. air canada or otherwise..

a one way flight for 2 would be over $2300 next August when I check air canada’s website..makes it not worth doing a trip that start in nyc and ends in England

I don't know about flights to/from Canada, but for a one-way flight US-London, Cunard's prices are much better than buying on your own. Airlines charge a lot for one-way tickets, but Cunard gets good rates because they buy so many tickets.

When I called to find out about adding air to the crossing I had already booked, I was looking at a 2-3 day range, flying in ahead of the crossing. The agent I spoke to took the time to check both Newark and JFK, and only day flights because that was what I requested. I think I'm paying $480 for premium economy on British Air, a ticket that would be over $2000 if I booked it on my own. 

Not all airlines are available on any given day, and the price varies depending on how many seats are available.  I didn't specify which airline I wanted, just the day and a day flight. Because I wanted a day flight, I knew I wouldn't have a lot of choices. I just took the best price.

There are no flights from Southampton to anywhere in Canada: it is a small regional airport. You will need to travel to London Heathrow or London Gatwick, the first usually the better journey.

My upgrade to Premium Economy for the return on our upcoming Caribbean cruise was way better than I'd expected about GBP 160 each, Much, much cheaper than sending 2 bags back by White Star or the equivalent internet services I'd researched

• Like 1

Two years ago we were quoted about $1200 per person for premium economy for a one-way flight London-Toronto on Air Canada or British Airways booked through Cunard. (We ceased even considering basic economy years ago.)  For slightly less than that our travel agent was able to get Club Class on Air Transat booking directly with them.

You are interested in getting to Ottawa and Air Transat doesn't go there according to their site. If you were willing to take a train or bus from Montreal or Toronto you can get economy one-way fares as low as $366 and Club for $1166.

We would fly to Newark to go on the cruise, and then fly out of Heathrow to come home..I would love to take the ship back to nyc, but I think it would be another $2k or more each..and another week of vacation time from work..last time we cruised over then flew back, ended up using AC aeroplan rewards, but our 2 free tickets cost $800 in taxes/charges 

just wondering if their flight cost were as cheap as they mention, up to 80% less (just not with Ac 😞. )

2 hours ago, Radar boomer said:

We would fly to Newark to go on the cruise, and then fly out of Heathrow to come home..I would love to take the ship back to nyc, but I think it would be another $2k or more each..and another week of vacation time from work..last time we cruised over then flew back, ended up using AC aeroplan rewards, but our 2 free tickets cost $800 in taxes/charges 

just wondering if their flight cost were as cheap as they mention, up to 80% less (just not with Ac 😞. )

If you have a few days to choose from, the Cunard agent will check alternate dates and more than one airport, depending on the connections you would need to make. Prices vary, so some flexibility on your part could save you some money. 

• 1 year later...

Here is my experience on this and thanks for the insight to check with Cunard for airfare. We booked our air as follows outbound BWI - JFK , Return CDG - JFK - BWI.  The cheapest we found poking around was about $1100 PP. Cunard got us on AA for $522 PP. Incidentally the same itinerary on the AA page was $2500 PP. 

On 10/13/2019 at 7:51 PM, Radar boomer said:

Hi

has anyone got any better deals booking through Cunard for flights for Canadians...from Southampton to Canada (looking at Ottawa)...we had airfare booked for a cruise a year ago but as we asked for air canada, the return fare for 2 in August from Ottawa to London was over $2,300..this total was a couple hundred more than if we booked it directly with air canada, but it did come with the protection of flight issues and boarding...

I called to ask a few weeks ago for an idea for next year 1 way from Southampton to Canada, but they said we needed a booking to get a price..I was curious if there are any deals to be had.. air canada or otherwise..

a one way flight for 2 would be over $2300 next August when I check air canada’s website..makes it not worth doing a trip that start in nyc and ends in England

Have you tried West Jet via Toronto.    

We had 1 ancelled this July and next July Alaska was also cancelled and have just canceled our Xmas 2021 cruise...it was just going to be too much for airfare at Xmas and gives us an excuse as we really not comfortable cruising, maybe in 2022, we kept our FCC which we hope to use again. (We have 3 years left to use) hoping for better times ahead

stay safe everyone