NCL BLISS - Unlimited Drink Package - NYC

funfamilytime

Hello, 

Can anyone tell me if NCL includes cans of soda with the UBP?

Sometimes the soda on tap is flat and gross 😝.

Also, if I bring a couple of cans of rootbeer, will they confiscate it?

Does anyone know if asked to remove the items in you in-room cabin refrigerator, will they honor your request?  I have teens and don't want them to have anything available in that overpriced snack fridge when I'm not there.

Thanks.

No cans of soda included.

They'll probably confiscate it.

Yes. Your steward will clear the fridge if requested. I always ask them so as to remove temptation. There are never any snacks in it though, just drinks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, funfamilytime said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know if asked to remove the items in you in-room cabin refrigerator, will they honor your request?  I have teens and don't want them to have anything available in that overpriced snack fridge when I'm not there.

Thanks.

Shortened Terms and Conditions: 
Premium Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar)

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Premium Beverage Package.

Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.
> Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction.
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 retail price.
> Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer. 
>Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Does not include: Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
>Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

*** Ask your stateroom attendant to remove refrigerator contents from the room (sometimes, they only place things in a pillowcase, that they leave under bed or elsewhere!)

• Thanks 1

No cans of soda unless you pay for it - not included in any package except I think the Ultimate Beverage Package (not the promo package most of us have) which lets you have gatorade, red bull, starbucks, etc. all for free.

You can get all the fountain soda you want, though, and they let you get two drinks per trip to the bar. We can make do with that.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, funfamilytime said:

Wow, thank God it was a perk.  I would be quite upset paying roughly a grand for the regular drink package UBP (not the new premium plus).

it's like $250 if I upgrade it.

Caraaazy.😋

Yep, I think only someone who is filthy rich would pay for that package outright. It's way overpriced so they can collect excess gratuities on the package. When factored into the discounted cruise fare the promo price is not bad - better than Carnival's plan at $60 pp/pd or so.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, funfamilytime said:

Hello, 

Thanks.

Sometimes when I have asked the steward to please empty the refrigerator, they put it under the bed. Sometimes when I have asked if they could just be gone entirely they have acted like they don't want to have to actually find space outside the cabin, but I'm sure if you insist, they will. I just gave up and left it under the bed even though I would rather have that space to store other stuff. One steward actually told me I could just remove the stuff and put it under the bed myself! lol. Some have been gracious and removed it all. It's a roll of the dice in my experience!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, funfamilytime said:

Hello, 

Thanks.

When a room steward “empties” the mini bar, they will store the items in the room. You can ask your room steward to lock the mini fridge so that there is no inadvertent sampling by the teens. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, funfamilytime said:

I was "considering" to upgrade my beverage package.  Does anyone know if I have to upgrade both me and my husband?  Do the people in the cabin always have to have equal packages?    

Thanks.

Yes, you both would have to upgrade. It is in the fine print here: https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

I'm sure they have this requirement because they don't trust people to not share.

If your teens have a soda package or you order a soda show them your card, Most will not even take your card they do not have to account for soda purchases. Those who would take your card are new bartender who could swipe  your card under the can of soda tab you will be billed $3.95 on your cabin statement. This has happen to me on my last 2 cruises twice and I had to wait on line at guest services to have the charge removed.

9 hours ago, waterjock said:

Those who would take your card are new bartender who could swipe  your card under the can of soda tab you will be billed $3.95 on your cabin statement.

Four bucks for a can of soda?? There is no universe where this could be considered reasonable.

NCL, unlike Carnival, does not allow guests to bring on cans of soda. There's not much choice here - if you want to drink lots of soda on a NCL cruise you need a package of some type - period.

We have split our cruises mostly between NCL and Carnival, and Carnival often wins out on the better overall value, but this time the stars aligned and the price plus all the included perks were a better value for us. However, this value disappears the minute we buy stuff a la carte onboard.

I expect the beverages of the UBP will be plenty and we won't have to pay anything extra, but I know my wife will miss cracking open a can of soda when she wakes up. I guess we can't have everything! I also guess I will be running to the bar frequently to fetch her a couple glasses of diet Pepsi! Oh, the sacrifices we have to make!!

• Haha 1