New Haven spa suite pricing - $500+ pp extra for spa!

erdoran

Looking at 12/5/20 Getaway TA, and I noticed there are now two types of Haven spa suites.  Both appear to be the identical cabin config and in the same area, one appears to come with spa access and one without.  Unless I missed something (possible of course) that’s the only difference - spa access.  The one with spa access is $550/pp EXTRA for a 2-week TA.  I compared that to the cost of paying for spa access for my upcoming 2 week Bliss W. Caribbean, which is $349.   Am I missing something?  Seems like someone who wants a “spa suite” could buy the cheaper one, pay for a spa pass, and come out ahead.  

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

What amounts are you seeing? I'm seeing the same prices on the Spa tab and the Haven tab.

Two Wheels, what are you seeing?  Clearly I am seeing something different than you.  These are all on the same page, after clicking on the Haven pricing.  Note that the cheaper one even has the identical photograph with "Haven spa suite with balcony" written write across the picture".  It really looks to me like they are identical cabins, with the only difference being whether or not spa access is included in the price.

12 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Two Wheels, what are you seeing?  Clearly I am seeing something different than you.  These are all on the same page, after clicking on the Haven pricing.  Note that the cheaper one even has the identical photograph with "Haven spa suite with balcony" written write across the picture".  It really looks to me like they are identical cabins, with the only difference being whether or not spa access is included in the price.

For the one with SPA in the description, access to the spa is included. A spa balcony cabin is a balcony cabin with spa access, a spa mini suite is a mini suite with spa access. The cabins are otherwise identical.

18 minutes ago, erdoran said:

OK, NOW I understand. I misread your post as the price was different for the same stateroom depending on how it was selected. 

You are correct in that the 2 staterooms are identical (some with support pole, some without) and are currently all H9 staterooms. After the change, those HI staterooms lose Spa access. 

The question is now "How much is NCL charging for Spa access for that cruise?". If it is less to buy access separately, people should do it. If NCL jacks up the price of access, it's better to get the H9. 

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

OK, NOW I understand. I misread your post as the price was different for the same stateroom depending on how it was selected. 

You are correct in that the 2 staterooms are identical (some with support pole, some without) and are currently all H9 staterooms. After the change, those HI staterooms lose Spa access. 

The question is now "How much is NCL charging for Spa access for that cruise?". If it is less to buy access separately, people should do it. If NCL jacks up the price of access, it's better to get the H9. 

I think $550 for two weeks of spa access is rather pricey--given that I'll guess that's what they are going to charge, perhaps the $349 for my January 2020 cruise is a bargain that I should jump on!

3 minutes ago, erdoran said:

I think $550 for two weeks of spa access is rather pricey--given that I'll guess that's what they are going to charge, perhaps the $349 for my January 2020 cruise is a bargain that I should jump on!

I don't know this but maybe the spaaccess cost much more for a TA cruise than for a Caribbean cruise? (More days at sea?)

2 hours ago, erdoran said:

I am on the same Jan 2020 cruise. I see it for $319 per person (which they claim is $20 less the onboard price). Then you click and it goes to $249 per person on my account. However it says " Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board."

I am already in a spa cabin, this may look different on your summary.

Edited by Arzeena

Arzeena, I can put it in my cart for $319 each, I don’t see the $249 anywhere for the Bliss January cruise.  I had seen $249 before it was “really” available.

Having a hard time with it almost doubling for my December cruise (if it really is :>)

31 minutes ago, erdoran said:

Arzeena, I can put it in my cart for $319 each, I don’t see the $249 anywhere for the Bliss January cruise.  I had seen $249 before it was “really” available.

Having a hard time with it almost doubling for my December cruise (if it really is :>)

Ah this is a puzzle.

When i click on the $319, it goes to a page where it says $249 and on that page the add to cart button disappears and the " Not available to book. Please check back later or once on board." message comes up. So who knows. This whimsical little spa pass

was available to add to cart some time back at $299 per person. I played around with it adding it to cart. Then it disappeared and came back some days later with a higher price. But I am entertained, so I look and play the "add to cart" game.....LOL!