Earliest flight from Port Canaveral

jkzs

I have never sailed out of Port Canaveral, what is the earliest flights you would take out of MCO & SFB?  There is a flight out of SFB at 10:50 that I'm considering just don't know if this is even possible??  Any advice would be great!

Assuming that the ship arrives in port on time and there are no unexpected delays, yes it is possible if you carry off your own luggage.  It is also helpful to have TSA pre-check so you can go through the express security line at the airport.  It's a bonus if you travel with carry-on only, but I found the lines for checking luggage to be extremely short when I arrived at MCO at the end of my last cruise.

I would definitely recommend going to guest services before the last day and getting an early-flight letter.  There is a special place to wait for people who have early flights and it's the fastest way to get off of the ship if you aren't platinum, diamond, or FTTF.

I cruised on the Breeze in September.  I went to the theater to wait with the early flight passengers.  The people who stayed in suites and had FTTF also waited in the theater.  The diamonds and platinums waited in one of the restaurants.  Carnival did an excellent job with this.  As people arrived, they had them sit down with their luggage in the order they arrived.  As people exited, the first to arrive were the first to exit.  For my cruise, they let the FTTF exit (I am assuming after the platinums and diamonds exited from the dining room), then the suite passengers, and then the early flight people.

We were off of the ship around 7:10 and in a shuttle heading to the airport at 7:30.  We arrived at 8:15 and were waiting in front of our gate at 8:30.  Had we experienced unanticipated delays, things could have been different.  I would feel comfortable booking a 10:50 flight, but many people would not want the stress.  It's a personal choice, just like flying in a day early for the cruise (which I ALWAYS do).

We used Cortrans shuttle and it was $20 per person, plus tip.  

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

I second the "I wouldn't do it"

There are a plethora of factors - I wouldn't book an airline - especially with a drive - until 1pm at the earliest.  Definately add the insurance in case you need to make changes.

Also - when are you traveling?  Anytime November through February, you must be prepared for airline disruptions for weather.  Ya, it doesnt snow in Orlando -silly me.... But is Chicago or Denver gets pummeled - it is a "snowball" effect that will affect the entire country!  

Why stress, right?  Getting off the ship is depressing enough!

PS - You will be on MY SHIP two weeks before me!  Lucky dog!  Let me know all the dos and donts when you get back!  :)

Just my two cents.

Edited by marci4tony
Additional info
  • Like 1

For a 10:50 flight you need to be at MCO by about 9:20 - and 9:00 or earlier is better.  With the drive from PC to MCO taking just under an hour that translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration NLT about 8:00.  If you carry your bags off and pre-arrange your transport you should make it.

I agree with the above - do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home?  Find a flight leaving about noon or after and relax.

• Like 2

Our last two cruises out of Port Canaveral my wife and I have been able to take an 8:00 shuttle to the airport.  This was with priority debarkation and checking our luggage.  On our last cruise on the Breeze back in April we were through security and sitting at our Southwest gate at 9:35 a.m.  Our flight was 12:30, which was the earliest one for us at the time.  I probably wouldn't hesitate to do an 11:00 am flight, especially if I could do self assist.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

Our last two cruises out of Port Canaveral my wife and I have been able to take an 8:00 shuttle to the airport.  This was with priority debarkation and checking our luggage.  On our last cruise on the Breeze back in April we were through security and sitting at our Southwest gate at 9:35 a.m.  Our flight was 12:30, which was the earliest one for us at the time.  I probably wouldn't hesitate to do an 11:00 am flight, especially if I could do self assist.

I am familiar with “walk off” on Princess but I keep seeing self-assist.   What is meant by the assist?  We have an 8:15 shuttle for a 12:30 flight but it’s during Spring break...super busy/crowded time.  There will be 4 adults and three small children in our group, so walking off on our own becomes a little more difficult.  Any “assistance “ would be helpful. (We will be on DCL)

6 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I am familiar with “walk off” on Princess but I keep seeing self-assist.   What is meant by the assist?  We have an 8:15 shuttle for a 12:30 flight but it’s during Spring break...super busy/crowded time.  There will be 4 adults and three small children in our group, so walking off on our own becomes a little more difficult.  Any “assistance “ would be helpful. (We will be on DCL)

Self assist means you are able to carry off ALL of your own luggage with NO assistance.        

If you are not able to manage this with small children then try to get a low number luggage tag so you can get off the ship as soon as possible and pick up your luggage n the terminal....

7 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

To be honest, I really can't give any information on how debarkation on Disney works.  All of my experiences have been with Carnival and GTO-Girl has done a good job of explaining self-assist on Carnival.

On 10/16/2019 at 12:03 PM, jkzs said:

There is a flight out of SFB at 10:50 that I'm considering just don't know if this is even possible??  Any advice would be great!

If you are thinking about flying out of Orlando Sanford, my guess is that you'll be flying Allegiant. Keep in mind that they probably have only one flight per day to a destination, so if you miss the flight, you may be SOL.

16 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

If you are thinking about flying out of Orlando Sanford, my guess is that you'll be flying Allegiant. Keep in mind that they probably have only one flight per day to a destination, so if you miss the flight, you may be SOL.

Flying out of MCO.   We’ll just have to pack so 4 adults can manage all the luggage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Possible, but stressful. Both times i was super nervous, but everything worked out great. The first time we left the port at 7:45 am (self-assist) and arrived to the airport at 8:35 am. Second time we departed around 8:15 am (self-assist) and at 9:15 am we were at the airport (for 10:35 flight).

I just got the following from my airline for my flight out of MCO tomorrow; those saying they arrive with an hour or so to spare may want to adjust plans:

We want to let you know that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has implemented enhanced security screening procedures at Orlando International Airport, FL (MCO) that have resulted in longer-than-normal wait times in clearing TSA checkpoints.

We encourage customers traveling domestically to arrive at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure time, and those traveling internationally to arrive at least 3 hours prior to departure time to expedite moving through enhanced TSA security screening.