Haven Spa Suite on Escape...Have Question & Seeking Opinions

Georgia_Peaches

We are planning a late winter cruise on Escape with my DM and considering a Haven Spa Suite for the spa access.  Have only done H5 and H6 on Breakaway and then bought spa passes outright.  I know the ship layout is similar on Escape but deck plans show the spa suites being located on deck 16, the same deck as the spa.  I am wondering if the Haven spa suites on Escape are within the Haven or outside like on Breakaway?  It looks like they have their own hallway.  Is this are key card access only?  Can the bed be separated?

Also seeking opinions on this suite category over all.  The tub in the corner isn't a draw...but I like the included access to the thermal area. 

Thank you!

While they are not on the same floor as the pool or restaurant, the hallway has a door that is key card access only.  I do not think the bed can be separated but am not totally sure of that.  The thing I did not like about the room was that the only place to sit really is on the bed.  There are the usual two chairs and table, but that is not a comfortable place to sit and read or whatever.  I REALLY missed not having a couch in the room.  Also, the room is smaller than the other Haven rooms.  The tub didn't really matter to us as it took so long to fill and you had to keep checking the temperature.  Even then I was kind of uncomfortable in it because it was nearly impossible to get the temp right.  Only used it once.  Since you are not so drawn to the tub, IMHO, if another category of Haven were an option and buying spa passes in addition to the room was not an issue, I would take it over the spa room.  

22 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We are planning a late winter cruise on Escape with my DM and considering a Haven Spa Suite for the spa access.  Have only done H5 and H6 on Breakaway and then bought spa passes outright.  I know the ship layout is similar on Escape but deck plans show the spa suites being located on deck 16, the same deck as the spa.  I am wondering if the Haven spa suites on Escape are within the Haven or outside like on Breakaway?  It looks like they have their own hallway.  Is this are key card access only?  Can the bed be separated?

Also seeking opinions on this suite category over all.  The tub in the corner isn't a draw...but I like the included access to the thermal area. 

Thank you!

Keep an eye on pricing.  I just found one 12/5/20 on the Getaway where the same identical cabin was $550 more with spa pass for 2wk TA .  No idea what the passes will cost then but the 2 wk pass now for w Caribbean is $349

1 hour ago, erdoran said:

Keep an eye on pricing.  I just found one 12/5/20 on the Getaway where the same identical cabin was $550 more with spa pass for 2wk TA .  No idea what the passes will cost then but the 2 wk pass now for w Caribbean is $349

Yes, agree that’s the smart thing to do. It seems that there are many available cabins and it’s only a few weeks to final payment. Prices may very well drop. 

We prefer a forward facing penthouse. The separate bedroom and livingroom area (for a significantly reduced cost) gives you a lot more space than the standard courtyard penthouse rooms. Then use the savings to pay for a spa pass. Yes, you are not in the haven complex proper. But other than a [much] shorter walk to the Haven Restaurant, we still get there daily. 

• Thanks 1

Not in the haven but it's literally one flight of stairs and you are at the haven entrance.  I was worried it would be out of the way but was a total non issue.  In fact, being on the pool deck had a lot of benefits and we found it almost more convenient than being in the actual haven.  Right inside the door on the pool deck and the spa suites are right there behind a private door. It's also right next to the spa, naturally.  Beds do not come apart in this suite.

• Thanks 1