R-Class Obstructed Oceanview Cabin Tour Video! - Rooms 6030 & 6033

kimcheeboy

Hi Oceania cruisers,

Here's a video which should be helpful to a lot of those interested in the Category E obstructed ocean view cabins on R-class ships (Insignia/Regatta/Sirena/Nautica). Specifically we stayed in Room 6033 which should be the mirror image of 6030 on . It's the room that obstructed by the rescue boat, not the lifeboat so your view is a little less obstructed than other Category E cabins. 

Check out the video here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADyBldovKz8

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kimcheeboy said:

Hi Oceania cruisers,

Here's a video which should be helpful to a lot of those interested in the Category E obstructed ocean view cabins on R-class ships (Insignia/Regatta/Sirena/Nautica). Specifically we stayed in Room 6033 which should be the mirror image of 6030 on . It's the room that obstructed by the rescue boat, not the lifeboat so your view is a little less obstructed than other Category E cabins. 

Check out the video here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADyBldovKz8

Hi Kimcheeboy!!

Hope your having a awesome cruise!! 
Liked the tour with you out at sea! It was nice even with the tender to see the ocean! 
You have a nice room! Looking forward to more videos of trip!

Hope the great food is wonderful and the ship and crew are the best!

Denise😊

PS your first video is 👍

• Like 2

I wouldn't be happy there but thanks for posting this video.  I'm sure it will be very helpful to those would would be considering this.  If you aren't planning on spending a lot of time in the room, the cost savings will be significant.

I see Denise beat me to it!  Her answer popped up as I was finishing ...

The problem with booking suites is that once you do it can be hard to go back to more "normal" accommodations.  Certainly that was the case for us!

This IS the kind of cabin we booked in our early days cruising ...  and we had bunk beds, not the lovely double bed on O.

Mura

9 minutes ago, Mura said:

I wouldn't be happy there but thanks for posting this video.  I'm sure it will be very helpful to those would would be considering this.  If you aren't planning on spending a lot of time in the room, the cost savings will be significant.

I see Denise beat me to it!  Her answer popped up as I was finishing ...

The problem with booking suites is that once you do it can be hard to go back to more "normal" accommodations.  Certainly that was the case for us!

This IS the kind of cabin we booked in our early days cruising ...  and we had bunk beds, not the lovely double bed on O.

Mura

Good evening Mura!

The days for me are gone with this cabin! Same here it was like on our first cruises so long ago! We were able to do a lot of traveling back than but now I’m with you now that we can’t go back either!

Hope your doing well!

Denise😊

• Like 2

Thank you, that was very useful, we have just booked cabin 6049 in the Nautica for a cruise in October 2021, whicb a reviwer stated  is not obstructed, could have had 6033 but took a chance that the reviewer was right.

1 hour ago, ARDXXX said:

Thank you, that was very useful, we have just booked cabin 6049 in the Nautica for a cruise in October 2021, whicb a reviwer stated  is not obstructed, could have had 6033 but took a chance that the reviewer was right.

6049  is obstructed  maybe more so  than 6033   a lifeboat is in front of 6049 

check the deck plans

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/nautica/deck-plans/

1 hour ago, ARDXXX said:

This was the review -

octopus-2.gif.30e8e128b3d180568f547b2b30
aussietwo
5 Reviews Written
1780 Forum Posts

PEARLS OF THE FAR EAST : Cabin 6049
Best kept secret on the ship. An E obstructed with no obstruction. Smaller cabin but well laid out which makes rthe cabin feel like it has plenty of room.

Interesting

well hopefully  they are right

enjoy

10 hours ago, ARDXXX said:

This was the review -

octopus-2.gif.30e8e128b3d180568f547b2b30
aussietwo
5 Reviews Written
1780 Forum Posts

PEARLS OF THE FAR EAST : Cabin 6049
Best kept secret on the ship. An E obstructed with no obstruction. Smaller cabin but well laid out which makes rthe cabin feel like it has plenty of room.

Yes. 6049 looks like a great choice.

The Azamara cabins thread also lists Cabin 6049 as having no obstruction on their R-Class ships.

Edited by bbqoug

Our first three Oceania cruises (which also were our first three cruises) were in either 6033 or 6030, and we loved the terrific location mid-ships and near the elevator.  We spent very little time in the cabin, hanging out either on the pool deck or in the lovely library.  Definitely a small cabin but also excellently priced.

1 hour ago, cotto22 said:

Do the cabins with obstructed views have lower fares than those with normal views? 

Usually  but they are also smaller  143 sq ft compared to 165 sq ft

look at E category cabins for prices

1 hour ago, bbqoug said:

Yes. 6049 looks like a great choice.

The Azamara cabins thread also lists Cabin 6049 as having no obstruction on their R-Class ships.

strange  both Oceania & deckplan site show the life boat  partially blocking the window

image.png

• 2 years later...