Insignia boutique prices

Roccaforte

Is it worth buying perfume, jewelry etc. in the ships boutiques?  Are they  considered duty free?  I like to stock up on Christmas gifts so I’m wondering if the prices are better than we get at a typical department store.  We won’t be in any ports where the shoppings Is great (Western Caribbean) so it would be convenient.  Since we’ve been to all of our ports of call several times we may not even go ashore.  Just want to live in luxury for a week😄

Prices tend to be high but they do have sales at various times.  I bought a couple of watches on one cruise (not at the $10 sale!) which were worth it.  I've never bought jewelry or perfume on board.  On one cruise (not on Insignia but I doubt that matters) we got a really nice carry-on bag for a super price, so it CAN happen.  But I wouldn't count on it.

We bought a couple of watches   (Fossil for me)

They  were a bit cheaper than at home

I have bought some of the jewelry  because I  had OBC to use 😉

I cannot say if it was any cheaper  or not

Know what you perfume costs at home  then decide  ..sometimes they will have a sale 

We've bought various things when we had OBC to burn. Prices are pretty much retail on clothes, sunglasses, makeup, cologne etc. You do save the tax, unless you are on a cruise where they charge VAT, which in the Caribbean they won't.

A few years back on Marina, I saw a watch I liked, a Tissot for around $800. They said that was the sale price...I went up to the Horizons bar with my ipad, and bought the same watch on Amazon for less than $400...was waiting for me when I got home. 

Edited by smilin jack
  • Like 2