No booking on board ?

EmmasNana

I believe I read that you can no longer book a future cruise while on the ship. Used to be you could get some benefit for doing this. I also read that after your cruise, you will receive some kind of offer a week or two later. What kind of offers are we talking about?

Just now, teknoge3k said:

That's correct.

The "welcome home" offer is up to 20% of ES rates, 50% deposits, up to $50 OBC or $100 OBC on a suite. 

Thanks for answering. My other question is that you used to get two "friends and family vouchers" that could be used for two other rooms. They would get the same benefit or discount. Has this part of it gone away?

1 minute ago, EmmasNana said:

Thanks for answering. My other question is that you used to get two "friends and family vouchers" that could be used for two other rooms. They would get the same benefit or discount. Has this part of it gone away?

That's correct. I think this all transpired starting about 2-3 years ago, but could be wrong on that. 

28 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

The "welcome home" offer is up to 20% of ES rates, 50% deposits, up to $50 OBC or $100 OBC on a suite. 

One of the biggest fare code ripoffs ever. VIFP Club rates were cheaper with the exact same incentives as the "Welcome Home" offer. As I posted earlier, the only way I would book under this rate code would be if the deposit was fully refundable up through FPD.

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

One of the biggest fare code ripoffs ever. VIFP Club rates were cheaper with the exact same incentives as the "Welcome Home" offer. As I posted earlier, the only way I would book under this rate code would be if the deposit was fully refundable up through FPD.

Thank you, that was useful info. I booked a cruise, thinking I could book the next cruise with something beneficial for myself and the two rooms (grandkids and their parents) I would also be booking. The not so little, little's prefer carnival  so was hoping to get OBC for them to help with excursions.

3 minutes ago, trummy said:

I miss the future cruise certificates. I think they lost some of our business when they suspended this program. Since we are no longer locked in, we explore other lines.

It was nice. I think all the cruise lines are getting rid of or reducing incentives.  I wonder if you can still get shareholder benefit?

I remember buying FCC (Future Cruise Certificates) on board during a cruise. They were $200 certificates that lasted 2 years, but would expire if not used during that time frame. You would receive a $50 OBC.  Overall a great deal, a 25% return on your money if used within the first year. I wish they would bring that program back. I wonder how many times people did not use their certificates and Carnival got to pocket the money?

57 minutes ago, CruiseHealing said:

The cruise lines may want to keep these programs around, because if we go into a recession next year, as some economist are suggesting, these are the programs that will win customers that are willing to not do staycations. 

Like any business Carnival makes decisions based on the economy. If the economy changes like you mentioned in your comment, odds are good Carnival will offer more incentives IF they are having trouble filling their ships. 

1 hour ago, CruiseHealing said:

I remember buying FCC (Future Cruise Certificates) on board during a cruise. They were $200 certificates that lasted 2 years, but would expire if not used during that time frame. You would receive a $50 OBC.  Overall a great deal, a 25% return on your money if used within the first year. I wish they would bring that program back. I wonder how many times people did not use their certificates and Carnival got to pocket the money?

For a 7 day cruise it was $100 OBC. We bought the certificate every cruise.

9 hours ago, eaflorida said:

I know on our recent Royal Caribbean cruises the future cruise department on the ship would offer obc and lower deposits for future bookings. Too bad Carnival dropped those incentives. 

Fortunately or unfortunately (depends if you are looking at it as a shareholder or passenger) Carnival currently doesn’t need to offer much incentive wise to fill their ships.