Turning Plat next cruise want to make sure I'm right

elainmir

Hey Gang...just a quick question to  make sure I've correctly understood what I've read..We turn Platnium FINALLY on our next cruise ...we realize we get the perks of FTTF free but according to what I've read luggage could arrive by 1 or 5 pm..just depending...but can I also access my room early?  I've confused myself I've tried to do so much research tonight on it.  As well if hubby and I are Plat and my 17 yo is not he still boards with us correct?  Thanks in advance guys! 

Yes, you can check-in anytime and then probably board immediately and go right to your cabin to leave off your carry on bags, etc.   Your son can board with you since he's probably in your cabin with you and is a minor anyway.

I'll be platinum on my April cruise as well but my cabin mate will not be. Is she allowed to attend the platinum party with me? Same question for my May cruise, my husband is not platinum yet and he will be with me in May??

17 minutes ago, jcgld62 said:

I'll be platinum on my April cruise as well but my cabin mate will not be. Is she allowed to attend the platinum party with me? Same question for my May cruise, my husband is not platinum yet and he will be with me in May??

From my experience it depends. I have attending P&D parties when they checked everyone’s invitation at the door and I have attended parties when they didn’t check anything, so basically anyone could have walked in. The only times I have seen them check invitations is when there were a lot of Diamonds and Platinums on the cruise. No matter what they do on your cruise, they will let your husband attend with you. 

42 minutes ago, lprime60 said:

on my next cruise i will be at 72 days. will i be considered platinum on that cruise or do i have to wait til the next one

Will you start or end with 72 days?  You will be considered Platinum (for the entire cruise) on the cruise that you reach your 75th day. 

On 10/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

No matter what they do on your cruise, they will let your husband attend with you. 

That’s not a guarantee. My wife was turned away when we sailed on the Dream, but not on previous ones. The person at the door kindly turned her away when she couldn’t produce an invitation. We just walked away. 

On our last cruise aboard the Fantasy, my wife refused to try again because of her previous experience, but I went and brought the kids (7 and 9 years old) to see what would happened this time, They let all 3 of us in, no questions asked. 

This stupidity would be solved if Carnival would extend the same loyalty level to all immediate family members living in the same household, like other cruise lines do. 

36 minutes ago, Tapi said:

That’s not a guarantee. My wife was turned away when we sailed on the Dream, but not on previous ones. The person at the door kindly turned her away when she couldn’t produce an invitation. We just walked away. 

On our last cruise aboard the Fantasy, my wife refused to try again because of her previous experience, but I went and brought the kids (7 and 9 years old) to see what would happened this time, They let all 3 of us in, no questions asked. 

This stupidity would be solved if Carnival would extend the same loyalty level to all immediate family members living in the same household, like other cruise lines do. 

Wow, that’s interesting. I have never heard of a spouse being turned away at a D&P party. I have seen children turned away including my daughter, although she was an adult when that happened last year. 

On 10/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, jcgld62 said:

Invitations are by name.  They will not be invited

On 10/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, elainmir said:

Hey Gang...just a quick question to  make sure I've correctly understood what I've read..We turn Platnium FINALLY on our next cruise ...we realize we get the perks of FTTF free but according to what I've read luggage could arrive by 1 or 5 pm..just depending...but can I also access my room early?  I've confused myself I've tried to do so much research tonight on it.  As well if hubby and I are Plat and my 17 yo is not he still boards with us correct?  Thanks in advance guys! 

Two things...

1.  You aren't getting the FTTF perks for free. You have absolutely paid for those perks over time. You have more than earned them!!!

2.  Dont 100% count on your cabin being ready right when you board. There have been a couple of cruises where we have received letters via email on embarkation day that due to the high number of Platinum and Diamonds, rooms would not be ready until after 1:30. Most recently this was the case on our cruise on Sunrise this past June and on Magic out of Port Canaveral last year. We still were able to drop our bags off those couple of times, though. 

Edited by stobe1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

From my experience it depends. I have attending P&D parties when they checked everyone’s invitation at the door and I have attended parties when they didn’t check anything, so basically anyone could have walked in. The only times I have seen them check invitations is when there were a lot of Diamonds and Platinums on the cruise. No matter what they do on your cruise, they will let your husband attend with you. 

12 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Invitations are by name.  They will not be invited

So, basically it's not consistent throughout the ships??

15 minutes ago, jcgld62 said:

So, basically it's not consistent throughout the ships??

It's consistent that invitations only list the actual P&D - not "plus 1".  Customarily, when an invitation is only in one person's name that means you don't bring a guest (unless it indicates you can).

However, when P&D's ignore this and bring along their "plus 1" (or even plus 2 or 3, based on some responses) they are met with mixed results from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary.  Sometimes their uninvited guest is permitted and sometimes they are not.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 8:45 PM, stobe1 said:

Two things...

1.  You aren't getting the FTTF perks for free. You have absolutely paid for those perks over time. You have more than earned them!!!

2.  Dont 100% count on your cabin being ready right when you board. There have been a couple of cruises where we have received letters via email on embarkation day that due to the high number of Platinum and Diamonds, rooms would not be ready until after 1:30. Most recently this was the case on our cruise on Sunrise this past June and on Magic out of Port Canaveral last year. We still were able to drop our bags off those couple of times, though. 

Absolutely agree with both points.

On our last two cruises (Breeze in April and Magic in September) our rooms were not ready when we boarded.  While we were waiting in the platinum area on the Breeze in April, we were told by the Carnival agent there that Carnival no longer guarantees that your room will be ready when you board.  We dropped off our luggage and went to eat.  They were ready when we returned.