Cabins ready at FTTF boarding time in Jacksonville?

indygirl76

Anyone who has sailed from Jacksonville in the last few months, can you please chime in? Were cabins ready for early Diamond/Platinum/FTTF boarding? I have an Empress-deck cabin on the Ecstasy in three weeks, and want to just roll our suitcases up the hall, so we don't have to wait for them to show up. 

They are supposed to be ready for FTTF, since that is what you are paying for. I have heard a time or two where they were not ready for FTTF, but they guests were allowed to leave their luggage. One said they complained to Guest Services about the room not being ready and were give an OBC for the amount of the FTTF.

I have sailed out of Jaxport many times.  I have always had FTTF, since I didn't turn Platinum until a different ship/port.  Our rooms were always ready upon boarding.  However, you will board the ship on either the 2nd or 3rd deck.  I only say this because Empress deck is on the 7th floor and you will have to get your bags up several floors.  I don't know if this makes a difference or not.  

5 minutes ago, CruizCuz said:

I have sailed out of Jaxport many times.  I have always had FTTF, since I didn't turn Platinum until a different ship/port.  Our rooms were always ready upon boarding.  However, you will board the ship on either the 2nd or 3rd deck.  I only say this because Empress deck is on the 7th floor and you will have to get your bags up several floors.  I don't know if this makes a difference or not.  

Is this an issue with Jacksonville’s terminal?  When we have sailed on Fantasy class ships at other ports in Florida, we always boarded on deck 7. 

46 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Is this an issue with Jacksonville’s terminal?  When we have sailed on Fantasy class ships at other ports in Florida, we always boarded on deck 7. 

Yes, this is specific to JAXPORT terminal.  You board on a lower deck, but I can't remember if it's 2 or 3.  The first time we sailed out of Jax, I was surprised and had to help my elderly parents get all of our carryons up several flights of stairs.  A lot of the elevators are designated for direct use up to Lido for the food, so it leaves only a few going to specific decks.

I love boarding at Jacksonville on the lower decks. Not an issue at all.

Several years ago, our FTTF cabin was not ready, but the steward said we could drop off our stuff and put our wallets in the safe.  But because the cabin wasn't ready, Carnival gave us a ship credit for what we paid for FTTF. 

Have a great cruise!

5 hours ago, CruizCuz said:

Yes, this is specific to JAXPORT terminal.  You board on a lower deck, but I can't remember if it's 2 or 3.  The first time we sailed out of Jax, I was surprised and had to help my elderly parents get all of our carryons up several flights of stairs.  A lot of the elevators are designated for direct use up to Lido for the food, so it leaves only a few going to specific decks.

This is no longer true. They have built a ramp so that you now board into the Atrium Lobby on Empress Deck 7. And to answer the OP's original question, we have also sailed out of JAX many times and the cabins have always been ready for Diamonds, Plats, and FTTF. :classic_cool:

IMG_9790-XL.jpg

IMG_9814-XL.jpg

Edited by Jamman54

17 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

This is no longer true. They have built a ramp so that you now board into the Atrium Lobby on Empress Deck 7. And to answer the OP's original question, we have also sailed out of JAX many times and the cabins have always been ready for Diamonds, Plats, and FTTF. :classic_cool:

IMG_9790-XL.jpg

IMG_9814-XL.jpg

Thank you Jamman for the correction.  I live in Jax and love sailing out of that port.  However, I absolutely LOVED the Elation and was sad to see her and the crew leave.  I am waiting for the Ecstasy to have her dry dock before sailing her again.

20 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

We sailed on Magic out of FLL last month. Platinum room quoted ready at 130pm- hallways were blocked off until then.  

I'm not sure who said that (although I have heard it from the employees at check-in in the port ... they just don't know) and yes, the hallway doors are closed.  As D/P/FTTF, you are entitled to go right through to get to your room.  Caveat -- this is not true for Journey's cruises and a few other cruises that have specifically notified the cruisers that immediate access will not be available due to a high number of D/P cruisers.