Does the Carnival Miracle have an indoor pool

SmoothFlying

Were taking a ten day Alaskan cruise out of SFO next June. My wife and my sister LOVE doing the 'pool thing' especially during the summer but once you're up near Seattle (even in the summer) it can be a little chilly for an outside pool. I've checked all the decks and can't really tell if there's anything bigger than a kiddie pool. We've sailed on the Miracle before for a E. Caribbean cruise but that was many years ago and didn't bother to check for a indoor pool. The ship may have an infinity pool but she has heard, and this may not be true, that nude swimming is allowed😮. She is NOT interested in that scene. If anybody knows about an indoor pool and can offer any info, it'd be appreciated.

Thank You,

Mac 

The Ulysses main pool has a sliding dome roof.  There is an aft pool in the Serenity area which is adults only, but there has not been  a topless deck on any Carnival ship in many years and never nude bathing (except in your cabin...).  Learning to read deck plans is a good thing.  Viewing the Lido deck plan (deck 9) you will see three pools.  Moving up to deck 10 you see a designation over the Ulysses pool that there is a sliding dome.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The Ulysses main pool has a sliding dome roof.  There is an aft pool in the Serenity area which is adults only, but there has not been  a topless deck on any Carnival ship in many years and never nude bathing (except in your cabin...).  Learning to read deck plans is a good thing.  Viewing the Lido deck plan (deck 9) you will see three pools.  Moving up to deck 10 you see a designation over the Ulysses pool that there is a sliding dome.  EM

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

The Miracle and all Spirit class ships have a roof that can cover one of the two main pools.

Ahhhhhhh !! Thank you BOTH !! I saw 'something' mid- deck that could possibly be a pool w/cover but could not tell about width or length. I knew about the Aft pool but knew that pool is a bit 'breezy' in the upper states. I'll mention to the wife and my sister they can pack swimsuit and check out the mid pool. Once again, thanks EM and sunonfire. so much !

Mac

There's a retractable roof on the Miracle; it's great and allows for the use of the pool deck.  We did Alaska on a HAL ship that is a "sister" to the Spirit class, and the water was definitely too cold to really swim in, BUT having the retractable roof made it possible to use the hot tubs at night and it was pretty comfortable.  On the two days that we weren't in ports, we were able to relax comfortably on the pool deck in summer-ish clothes.

10 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Were taking a ten day Alaskan cruise out of SFO next June. My wife and my sister LOVE doing the 'pool thing' especially during the summer but once you're up near Seattle (even in the summer) it can be a little chilly for an outside pool. I've checked all the decks and can't really tell if there's anything bigger than a kiddie pool. We've sailed on the Miracle before for a E. Caribbean cruise but that was many years ago and didn't bother to check for a indoor pool. The ship may have an infinity pool but she has heard, and this may not be true, that nude swimming is allowed😮. She is NOT interested in that scene. If anybody knows about an indoor pool and can offer any info, it'd be appreciated.

Thank You,

Mac 

If you think it's cool up around Seattle......wait till you get up around Glacier Bay. I packed 2 pairs of swimming trunks for our Legend cruise last July. I thought about wearing them......absolutely NEVER. Alaska is fabulous, but it doesn't inspire much nude bathing!

2 hours ago, CRocks said:

If you think it's cool up around Seattle......wait till you get up around Glacier Bay. I packed 2 pairs of swimming trunks for our Legend cruise last July. I thought about wearing them......absolutely NEVER. Alaska is fabulous, but it doesn't inspire much nude bathing!

Oh, How true, how true.. Our first Alaskan cruise was in 2010 on the Carnival Spirit, We're from Atlanta and Atlanta that June was 97 degrees and with humidity it's a very WARM 103 degrees. So we didn't even pack a long sleeve shirt or light jacket ! Boy !! Were we in for a shock !! We had no idea what too pack cloth-wise and I didn't even know Cruise Critic even existed. We immediately went down to the ship's store and picked up two heavy hooded jackets. At least she didn't pack a swimsuit for the pool. Come this summer Alaskan trip packing WILL be done differently, believe me.

Mac

9 hours ago, lazydayz said:

A bit off topic but there is a nice hot tub in the fitness center on the Miracle. 

No, not off topic at all, my wife and my sis love hot tubs ( except when the kiddies start doing cannonballs and diving in them) but, kids will be kids but thanks for the info !😃

Mac

4 hours ago, coevan said:

kids are not allowed in the gym area, I hope

3 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Correct.  That is part of what makes this whirlpool so nice.  Plus not everyone on the ship knows it is there so it is usually not crowded.

Yes, after posting my comment about the gym hot tub, it dawned on me that just maybe the little cannon balling kiddies aren't allowed in the gym area. Sorry about that.

Mac