Enclave

mcmarleygirl

4 minutes ago, mcmarleygirl said:

Can anyone give me opinions on your time spent in the enclave..(is it worth while )..i understand you buy it for the week....

You're going to wildly varying opinions, as everyone has different opinions of value and worth 

The important thing, is whether it's worth it to you.

If you want to enjoy  steam or sauna, then it would be worth it, as it's the only way to do so while aboard. If you would enjoy the indoor hydro pool, then it would be worth it. And so forth.

We enjoy it, but only buy it on some Itineraries - ie ones we've done multiple times and intend to spend more time aboard. Other times, wouldn't buy it at all as we wouldn't make use of it to make it worthwhile. We do thoroughly enjoy it, but don't always buy it. And yes, passes are for the cruise duration

Only you know what's worth it to you .

We reserve Enclave and look forward to it as a nice feature of Royal-class ships.  Both DH andI have back issues and find the hydro pools and tile beds a yummy treat.  Also love that it’s adults only, and has extended hours so It’s available for relaxing and unwinding after an excursion or long day.   

Again it is a personal preference type of thing.  We typically book it as it is very relaxing, even on a port intensive trip we have gone in for 30 minutes and feel refreshed and relaxed before bed.  They are typically open until 10pm, so it allows for that after getting back on the ship.  This is where we totally unwind and relax, others really enjoy the Sanctuary, but that is not our cup of tea.  We are getting ready to embark on the the new Sky and have already booked and paid for our time there, as we will visit most days at least for a short time, but other days for longer we are on the Transatlantic so lots of sea days at the end.

The sauna's the sky is going to have a new type of thermal pool, but the jets and the bench in the back are just fantastic, the heated tile beds and showers are fantastic.

You can always do a tour and see if you think you would enjoy prior to purchasing, we did that a couple of years ago when the royal-class ships first came out.  If you think you would enjoy purchase if not give it a pass.  

I did not think it was worth the price when we sailed on the Royal and Regal. When we sail on Holland America, though, we will usually splurge for the cruise-long passes. It would have been nice if they had let us have at least one day to try it for free when we were in a suite.

While I haven't tried it on Princess, I tried it on NCL on a couple of their ships.  I love the relaxed atmosphere and adults only zone.

I will say that for the Carb intenary, either the ship was packed or the popularity of the spa was.  It felt really busy on my last cruise.  Which disturbs the tranquil-ness of it.

So, I would say, depends on what you want to get out of it, the ship and the intenary.

That said, I'm so getting it on the Sky and keeping my fingers crossed it isn't cramped.

I do enjoy it but do not purchase on every cruise ...my last cruise on Royal in October I questioned it everyone in the Enclave had paid for the pass ...easy to get in if only 1 in group has a pass and door out of site from desk.

Several times there were fairly noisy groups of 3 or 4 people in there ..I have never ever experienced that before .

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 10:30 AM, geoherb said:

I did not think it was worth the price when we sailed on the Royal and Regal. When we sail on Holland America, though, we will usually splurge for the cruise-long passes. It would have been nice if they had let us have at least one day to try it for free when we were in a suite.

Geoherb, What did you not like about the Enclave on the Royal?  I have never viewed the Enclave but I just purchased a weeklong pass so I hope I’m not disappointed.

I had 2 week pass for Enclave on Royal ...did not compare to my past enjoyable experiences ..

Firstly the door was not in vision of front desk ,one class card in a party could get several people in there...at times it was noisy , at times no heated bed available ....

Sometimes only 1 or 2 in there but that was usually around dinner and show time.

Did it on the Royal has a great time water was nice beds were easy to get a spot. One thing I did notice all depends on time of day you go one time around 11 am we went and was really busy and about 12 most people left it was 99 dollars for a 3 day cruise we got our money worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk