All Haven Menus with Every Food Item

Seany527

Thanks for the information and disappointed to see so little for vegetarians/vegans. We tend to sail with British cruise lines mainly P&O which provide plenty of choice for veggie and vegans - at least a third of each dinner menu choices were veggie or vegan and the menus change daily even on a 2 week cruise.  Looking at the photos earlier in this forum I was underwhelmed with presentation - we have had much better presented food on P&O and Princess and just in the ordinary restaurants.  If this is the Haven, then I dread to think what the food is like in the main restaurants on board.  We have booked for the Haven next year and are thinking of cancelling after seeing this.  

24 minutes ago, ShelaghL said:

Thanks for the information and disappointed to see so little for vegetarians/vegans. We tend to sail with British cruise lines mainly P&O which provide plenty of choice for veggie and vegans - at least a third of each dinner menu choices were veggie or vegan and the menus change daily even on a 2 week cruise.  

Speak with the maître d' when you board. They will coordinate with the chefs and have something specially prepared. NCL can be very accommodating for Haven guests IF the Haven guest makes a request. 

• Like 1

Thanks Two Wheels Only.  This is our first time with NCL.  You have reassured me.  I think I will write in advance too.  I'm also diabetic so that adds to the complication.  We have a cruise line in the UK called Fred Olsen and they cater for anyone's dietary needs.  We all meet up with the Maitre d'  to go through everything and because it is fixed dining, the relevant waiters for the table will also be informed.

1 hour ago, ShelaghL said:

Thanks Two Wheels Only.  This is our first time with NCL.  You have reassured me.  I think I will write in advance too.  I'm also diabetic so that adds to the complication.  We have a cruise line in the UK called Fred Olsen and they cater for anyone's dietary needs.  We all meet up with the Maitre d'  to go through everything and because it is fixed dining, the relevant waiters for the table will also be informed.

I agree with Two Wheels - the Haven can be amazing for vegans/vegetarians.  We were on the Escape in the Haven several years ago with my vegan daughter and they made her a special meal every night - she loved it!  They asked for an approximate time for our arrival so that it could be ready on time and fresh.  Every night was different and incredible!  It was very impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShelaghL said:

This is our first time with NCL.  You have reassured me.  I think I will write in advance too.  I'm also diabetic so that adds to the complication.

Some more info for the general population.....(LINK)

Notify the Cruise Line When You Book

Let your travel agent or your cruise reservations agent know about your dietary needs as soon as you book your cruise. Norwegian requires notice 30 days before sailing. Advance notice allows the cruise line to fulfill your request. However, the earlier you inform your reservations or travel agent, the better.

Contact Accessible Travel

Norwegian Cruise Line has a special toll-free phone number for accessible travel. The number is 866-584-9756. In addition to notifying your reservation or travel agent of your special diet, it is also best to talk with an Access Coordinator. They can help ensure that your needs are met to the extent possible so that you have a wonderful cruising experience.  

Talk to the Restaurant Manager

When you board the cruise ship, make sure that the restaurant manager or person in charge of onboard dining is aware of your dietary needs. Norwegian offers Freestyle Dining, which means that there are no fixed dining times or tables. You can dine where and when you want. Since you won’t likely have the same dining staff every night, talking to the dining manager will ensure that your dietary needs are taken care of — no matter where you choose to dine.

...but for Haven guests, the service will be more personal/direct. 

In addition to sending an email to the the concierge deck ( NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com ), you can also email the Access Desk. Being a Haven guest, the concierge desk SHOULD forward your requests to the appropriate people but you can do it yourself just to make sure. 

DIETARY REQUIREMENTS

Special Medical, Allergy and Diabetes

Guests with special medical diets and/or food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss Norwegian Cruise Line's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. Special dietary requests should be submitted at least 45 days prior to sailing. Any requests inside 45 days cannot be guaranteed. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin.

PLEASE NOTE: Kosher Dining is not handled through the Access Desk. Click here for more information.

• Thanks 1

Breakfast menu on Pearl was the same as what I've seen here. Disappointed with the lunch - burger may have been double ground beef, very soft texture. Crab cakes cooked and hot, but kind of the consistency of cat food. Fish sandwich dry. Dining room not open for lunch during Port days. That may change with more passengers on board during summer. I'm not a buffet person, so we ate at O'Sheehans which I enjoyed.

On 4/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, Cruise Gopher said:

Can I order items from the main dining room menu in the Haven restaurant?

Yes you can order from MDR. I've done it a few times pre-pandemic. You will need to advise the restaurant your meal choice in advance because someone from Haven has to go down to the main kitchen on deck 5/6 to get it. I just cruised a few months ago and found the new Haven menu much improved.   Pre-pandemic, Haven menu started to look sad, unimpressive & MDR looking better some nights.

On 11/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, BirdTravels said:

I think that it more dumping items that few people order and putting out more items that would appeal to the contemporary cruiser (like avocado toast... which I never really understand)

And for lunch, dumping the double pork chop which only a few order (like me), but it taking 45 minutes to prepare and cook, which is not conducive to turning tables. 

Haven - Dinner.pdf 155.29 kB · 215 downloads Haven - Lounge.pdf 36.03 kB · 170 downloads Haven - Lunch.pdf 151.95 kB · 192 downloads Haven - Breakfast.pdf 148.58 kB · 123 downloads

The Delmonico steak was unbelievable. Absolutely wonderful. grilled and to perfection.

• 9 months later...
5 minutes ago, westcoastmom said:

Does anyone have the latest Haven 2023 menus?

Would appreciate if you could post or let me know where to find them.

Please do not bump old and obsolete threads. Just start a new thread with your question. This thread is 4 years old and contains a lot of old information that causes confusion. 

There have been a few updates to the menus, but this is close enough. 

• Like 3