All Haven Menus with Every Food Item

Seany527

Oh my! So glad we were able to snag a terrific upgrade price for upcoming 16 night Epic TA. If the food quality matches your beautiful pictures we'll be in food heaven. Pleased about the portion sizes because I get overwhelmed with overflowing plates. Get full too quickly but love trying a variety of dishes. We won an upgrade bid on the Getaway for 1st NCL cruise but only ate one meal each of breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant because our 18 & 21 yo daughters were in a regular cabin and our priority for that cruise was family time. 

This is awesome, thank you so much. We'll be in Haven in January and our first experience on the Jade didn't have a true Haven restaurant. The lunch specials are all me... I could do without some of that fancier stuff for dinner. Is it possible to order a lunch special at dinner time? Or to be brought to the room? Any way to know what they are without taking a walk down there, or is that something the butler can find out for us?

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

This is awesome, thank you so much. We'll be in Haven in January and our first experience on the Jade didn't have a true Haven restaurant. The lunch specials are all me... I could do without some of that fancier stuff for dinner. Is it possible to order a lunch special at dinner time? Or to be brought to the room? Any way to know what they are without taking a walk down there, or is that something the butler can find out for us?

The specials were really nice and more “laid back.”  

I don’t see why you couldn’t have a lunch special for your dinner. The restaurant was always very accommodating. You would just need to let them know as soon as possible (night before, morning of).  

I’d imagine your butler could find out and do that for you too. If we went to dinner early, before 6:00ish the next day specials were still tbd. If we went around 8pm, the specials for the following day were communicated.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

You can ask the butler for any menu; advance ordering is very helpful as well.  So if you know you want a lunch special for dinner, let the butler know in the morning (or after lunch) along with what time.  Very helpful to him/her.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:57 PM, BSR said:

Thanks for the pictures.  I never tried the Seafood Eggs Benedict and now I know what they look like.

It's delicious, I have it all the time. I also love the avocado toast. 

On 10/29/2019 at 2:53 PM, Seany527 said:

Hello fellow cruisers-

I recently completed my first sailing in The Haven.  Prior to my cruise I found information on the Haven menus to be sparse and scattered.  This post will contain each of the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, every food item, as well as the daily chilled soups and chef's specials.

Each food item was enjoyable to eat but some items went above and beyond.  Those items I will rate on a score of one to three stars.  The more stars, the more delicious.

Enjoy and Bon Appetit!

French Toast

Again, thanks for these pre-cruise pictures of the HAVEN menu items.  We thought we'd give you an update on the first couple of days on the 21/D LA-NY cruise.

We're using your photos.

French Toast - My Wif gave it ** and like it.

Steak and Eggs - I had it and gave it **.  I was surprised at the size and only ate half, but the meat quality was very good and it came medium rare as requested.

Fritto Misto - Can you give a -***?  I had this at lunch, and let me tell you, I've never had a more horrible Fritto Misto ever; land or sea.  The batter was introduced as almost Tempora, it was not.  It was 3X the thickness one would expect at a summer driven for a fish platter.  I had to pull it off every piece I ate.  And, I didn't eat many of the items.  The Calamari was literally tasteless and rubbery; I don't eat such if not sweet and I don't eat rubbery.  It got worse.  The Mussels were so bad that it was an insult to anchovies left in the sun.  It got worse.  The one Scallop (again, after removing the "coating") was so pungent I immediately (discreetly) spit it out.  There was two nice pieces of white fish.

The French Dip was 50-50; half of the Roast Beef was 'from another time period, half was fresh.  Wife peeled away the brown half and liked the rest.

The Caeser Salad with Salmon was ** and really quite good.  **

The service started a little cold and routine; but they are warming up quite nicely.

The Haven Restaurant "new venue location" along the glass for viewing from almost all of the table is a huge positive from the Breakaway ships that had limited window seating and extended into the middle of the ship.  ***

The Haven Outside Seating, where we've sat half the time, is a fantastic addition.  ***

No Dinner updates yet as dined at Food Republic on the 1st night (50% of for Haven guests which we didn't know; not a BD either).  Food Republic *** is one of our favorite venues at sea.  There were only 4-5 tables with guests and some crew officers there at the time.  Great food, great service and a beautiful venue inside and view.

The 2nd night was Le Bistro.  ***  It was awesome.  Super staff (top to bottom), super excited, super layout and most important, super food.  I had the Lamb (they brought 2 doubles) medium rare.  The center red medallion was PERFECT.  My wife had the Fillet, "almost medium" and it was PERFECT.  NCL has really turned this venue around to our favorite option for a sit down dinner.

Other notes, the hot tub additions make the Haven comparable to the Vibe; the pool, although below deck, is designed for another purpose than a sun deck and it relaxing.  The LOUNGE IS AWESOME; yet hardly used.  It's beautiful.  ***

Concierge, bartenders and wait staff very nice. ***

A good start.

Again, thanks for the original pictures and hope you enjoy the feedback.

French Toast.JPG

Steak and Eggs.JPG

Fritto Misto.JPG

French Dip.JPG

Ceaser Salad Salmon.JPG

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, scendro said:

Is the Haven dining menu solely for Haven guests or would this also include Penthouse Suites?  I asked because we are booked in a Penthouse Suite on the Gem. 

So on the Gem, there is no Haven restaurant. Both Haven and Penthouse Suite guest have the option of breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty venues (I think in the Moderno location in Jewel class ships).  The breakfast and lunch menu I think are the same/similar to what is posted here.  There is not Haven/Suite dinner location

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, Momma Rene said:

Agreed!  I’ve done Princess and Celebrity suites. Everything was served beautifully. I’m sorry, but it looks like a breakfast buffet. I know they serve the hot items but that is Not why I paid for the Haven.  Mini bagels ??  Hmmmm.   Anywhere else Haven folks can go for breakfast?  

That is just the supplemental buffet.....the start of this thread shows all of the other breakfast menu options.  This is the only Haven exclusive dinning venue.  You can obviously hit up the MDR, O'Sheehans, or the full buffet if you wanted to add more variety lol

• Like 1

Keep in mind just because its Not on the menu doesn't mean you can't order it. I was able to get a BLT and Turkey at lunch on the sundeck and a bacon cheeseburger in the Haven restaurant one evening for dinner. Neither was on the menu

• Like 1

Seared Sonoma Duck Breast

IMG_1621.thumb.jpg.28a55e6feb4ac5ae72ece6394fcf41f2.jpg

Herbed Chicken Breast  **

IMG_2572.thumb.jpg.f8e9e0c10d78f23d2bc528ee42a17b26.jpg

Roasted Prime Rib Au Jus

IMG_2573.thumb.jpg.0e250d7e034f834faa89d53421ae1d8a.jpg

Grilled Filet of Beef Tenderloin *

IMG_2723.thumb.jpg.486eaf83e96862caedd6e3aaa271d04e.jpg

Mustard-Crusted Rack of Lamb **

IMG_2066.thumb.jpg.8892bd623080a2cde5c55c9898bcd566.jpg

Wild Mushroom Ravioli  ***

IMG_3942.thumb.jpg.e5ba35a2a3f9da7430c8e7e7d7289d38.jpg

• Like 2

Below are some daily dinner specials offered.  These may fluctuate depending on your sailing.  

The last two items are Special Request.  Special Requests must be place 24 hours in advance and in most cases can be accommodated by the chef.

Chicken Cordon Bleu  **

Beef Stroganoff   ***

IMG_3183.thumb.jpg.d5f72acd0e94c27305500f82c358f64a.jpg

Beef Lasagna  *

IMG_2720.thumb.jpg.9c0462ebe86cefb184c859d5b2a2de90.jpg

Beef Wellington **

IMG_4434.thumb.jpg.f000f4efa0b556428d049172f6752d23.jpg

Asian Pepper Steak

IMG_4548.thumb.jpg.776c2e3a21ec2f98dfc4493dc6b4caab.jpg

Steak Diane

Special Request:  Filipino Dishes  ***

IMG_3944.thumb.jpg.6feeef13d48c4098ad8275db8a532e7c.jpg

Special Request:  Crème Brûlée  ***

IMG_2574.thumb.jpg.14c3ed376f9b49c56f073d2d27793dfa.jpg

• Like 4

The reason we are complete Haven addicts is because of the day hubby looked at the menu and said "there's nothing there I like".  They asked him what he likes and he asked for spaghetti & meatballs and voila!  EVERY DAY at dinnertime there was a dish of spaghetti & meatballs for him.  Sold for a lifetime for a bowl of pasta!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, erdoran said:

The reason we are complete Haven addicts is because of the day hubby looked at the menu and said "there's nothing there I like".  They asked him what he likes and he asked for spaghetti & meatballs and voila!  EVERY DAY at dinnertime there was a dish of spaghetti & meatballs for him.  Sold for a lifetime for a bowl of pasta!  

So maybe I can ask for beef Wellington?  I’ll be sold for life. 

• Like 1

On top of the delicious food, the employees in the Haven were amazing and made each meal so much more enjoyable.  On this cruise we had 7 nights of specialty dining credits and ultimately decided not to use some due to the outstanding, memorable experiences the Haven Restaurant offered us.  Even with a menu which does not change, I never found myself struggling for a meal selection and was often torn between which item to order.  

Thanks everyone for following along and if you have any questions, no matter how specific they might be, feel free to ask.

PS. Sorry for the random pictures of the Steak Diane and Chicken Cordon Bleu at the end of the last post.  They are Chef Specials and not Special Request items.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this thread!  All I keep hearing on other forums is "the Haven menus never change."  Nobody mentions that they have 2-3x as many options as the changing menus on other lines, and nobody ever mentioned that there are chef's specials and special order items beyond the menu.  We will have to add the Haven to our list of options.  😋