Norwegian breakaway balcony cabin

Sea_commando

I am in a balcony cabin on the NCL Breakaway on nov 10. I need to know a couple things, 

1) do the closests in the room have hangers?

2) Is there a plug outlet near the bed side table (to plug in CPAP machine and/or phone)?

3) is there anything extra we might need to bring that this ship lacks?

Thanks in advance

1) Yes they have hangers

2) There are not any outlets by the beds, you’ll have to run an extension cord over to the outlets on the wall over the desk

3) Bring a lot of patience and sense of humour because my cruise on the Breakaway last week was a comedy of errors. I will post my experience shortly.

44 minutes ago, Sea_commando said:

I am in a balcony cabin on the NCL Breakaway on nov 10. I need to know a couple things, 

1) do the closests in the room have hangers?

2) Is there a plug outlet near the bed side table (to plug in CPAP machine and/or phone)?

3) is there anything extra we might need to bring that this ship lacks?

Thanks in advance

There are hangers. You can ask your room steward for more if you need or pack a few wire hangers. 

No outlets at the bed. You will need at least a 12’ light weight extension cord to get power from the outlets at the desk to the bedside (we carry a 12’ and 6’ to accommodate all room configurations). Do NOT bring anything with a surge protect. 

Do NOT contact the Access Desk for distilled water. Contact reservations and have them add a note to your reservation. 

The ship lacks nothing. 

Edited by BirdTravels

10 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

A heads up about your balcony cabin, there are no USB ports in the room.  I thought for sure there would be USB ports in the cabin because the Breakaway was refurbished in 2018.

there isn't any by the bed in the lamps? I need to bring my usb fan uggg! lol If anyone knows for sure that' be great to know

12 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

1) Yes they have hangers

2) There are not any outlets by the beds, you’ll have to run an extension cord over to the outlets on the wall over the desk

3) Bring a lot of patience and sense of humour because my cruise on the Breakaway last week was a comedy of errors. I will post my experience shortly.

I can't wait to read review. A friend of mine was on your cruise and she said staff was terrible across the board.

4 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

there isn't any by the bed in the lamps? I need to bring my usb fan uggg! lol If anyone knows for sure that' be great to know

I specifically looked at the lamps (top, bottom, and sides) for a USB port and didn't find any.  I was surprised because the older Jade had them on the bottom of the lamp.  if there were USB ports in the room then they were very well hidden.   I will never take that for granted again. 

One thing I thought I wouldn't like on the Breakaway was the small balcony.  It turned out it wasn't an issue at all, but I do like larger balconies.  I was also surprised how easily the balcony door slid open and closed.  I think on every other NCL ship I've cruised on opening the balcony door required a lot of effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

specifically looked at the lamps (top, bottom, and sides) for a USB port and didn't find any.  I was surprised because the older Jade had them on the bottom of the lamp.  if there were USB ports in the room then they were very well hidden.   I will never take that for granted again.

Agreed.  I was on the Breakaway October 13th.  All of my ships have had USBs on the lamps...until this time.  I was on Getaway last year and had plenty in a studio cabin.  Costlier balcony room on the sister ship had zero.

If anyone is bringing maxi dresses on the trip I also recommend some strong magnets.  The closet was too short for mine, so I ended up putting hangers up on magnet hooks on the blank wall across from the beds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 1:20 PM, gmbhardy said:

1) Yes they have hangers

Got off on 11/10 and had many many issues as well.