La Reserve.Not pay grats.

janecambridge

Did I read somewhere that if you purchase a La Reserve wine pairing dinner and you have a Prestige drinks package,you do not pay 18% grats.? We had a house select package as part of Ultimate life.We upgraded to Prestige and have booked La Reserve,Have been charged gratuities.We have an advert on Currents stating there is 20% off La Reserve if you have any drinks package.

When I queried this at reception,the answer from the purser was the drinks O life choice package is excluded from the discount.They showed me an internal print out.Of course I have no access to this.

20 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

If you has the Prestige Package they get the 20% discount. The meal and grats will be fully charged st the time of booking. The 20% discount will be credited to your final cruise statement.

Better make sure the credit is there before you disembark.

• Like 1

I think  it is in the wording 

if you PURCHASE   a beverage package  then you get the discount

The O Life  deal is a gift  so you do not get  the discount

The devil is  in the details 

That said it should be spelled out better by Oceania

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

If you has the Prestige Package they get the 20% discount. The meal and grats will be fully charged st the time of booking. The 20% discount will be credited to your final cruise statement.

Unfortunately, that was not what corporate just told me via email.  They informed me that the discount to La Reserve is ONLY for people who purchased the House Select.  You don't get the discount even if you upgrade to Prestige.... if that House Select was your Olife perk.

I believe I read on another thread that if you choose Olife ShoreX as your perk, those gratis shore excursions can count towards the Your World discount minimum.  If that's the case, then these kinds of discounts are being unevenly applied.

On my February cruise on the Marina, we took the Beverage Package as our OLife perk and upgraded to The Premium Package immediately upon boarding. We received the 20% credit back on each of the La Reserve dinners we did including the Dom Perignon dinner. 

Don’t know if a change in policy has occurred since February. Additionally, I’ll have my TA check on this through her channels. It would be nice to know exactly whose name and title is on that email from “ corporate “. 

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

On my February cruise on the Marina, we took the Beverage Package as our OLife perk and upgraded to The Premium Package immediately upon boarding. We received the 20% credit back on each of the La Reserve dinners we did including the Dom Perignon dinner. 

Don’t know if a change in policy has occurred since February. Additionally, I’ll have my TA check on this through her channels. It would be nice to know exactly whose name and title is on that email from “ corporate “. 

"SLand" was my correspondent from O.  I think it's incredibly kind of you to check, and I want you to know that it's deeply appreciated - no matter what the answer. 

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

I believe I read on another thread that if you choose Olife ShoreX as your perk, those gratis shore excursions can count towards the Your World discount minimum.  If that's the case, then these kinds of discounts are being unevenly applied.

Just off of Regatta, had discussion at destinations desk regarding the Your World discount as the excursion we were purchasing would bring us to the "5" level, but was told if the first 4 were O-life we still only had 1 credited towards Your World discount.

3 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Kate (or dear Alice) - I can confirm this (at least when they are purchased before the cruise).  We had our 4 (x2) booked and booked a 5th which then took us into the Your World discount of 25% off the fifth and most expensive tour (it was an OS tour).   I booked the extra tour by phone and there seemed to be some sort of process whereby she applied the Your World to our account then booked the tour.  I subsequently rang back and cancelled the extra tour and the first thing the agent said was that she would have to remove the 'Your World' from our account.

Previously when I had the OLife ShoreX' and asked onboard about extra tours and if it was possible to get the Your World discount,  and it was a no go.  

So its something about when its all booked and paid for - I dunno, too hard for me!

cheers Hilary

Edited by HilsTas
  • Like 1

That's a ridiculous rational that you don't "purchase" a beverage package w O Life, but instead it's a perk or a gift.  You pay more for O Life...you get those packages in return for payment.  Hate to see Oceania nickel & dime-ing; am already concerned that I am seeing fewer wines listed and fewer premium liquors than 3-4 years ago.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clutj said:

That's a ridiculous rational that you don't "purchase" a beverage package w O Life, but instead it's a perk or a gift.  You pay more for O Life...you get those packages in return for payment.  Hate to see Oceania nickel & dime-ing; am already concerned that I am seeing fewer wines listed and fewer premium liquors than 3-4 years ago.... 

Like any business, Oceania prices ancillary  products with an eye to what will provide the  most bang for their customers bucks while still providing enough of a profit margin to keep the lights on in the home office., 

Most ongoing Concerns, i.e those with previous offers extant, are forced to insert legalese into newer offers to prevent a grasping few from deliberately exploiting unforeseen combinations from doubling or trebling their discounts.

This is good solid business procedure, and NOT "nickle and diming".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Like any business, Oceania prices ancillary  products with an eye to what will provide the  most bang for their customers bucks while still providing enough of a profit margin to keep the lights on in the home office., 

Most ongoing Concerns, i.e those with previous offers extant, are forced to insert legalese into newer offers to prevent a grasping few from deliberately exploiting unforeseen combinations from doubling or trebling their discounts.

This is good solid business procedure, and NOT "nickle and diming".

It may be fiscally rewarding for Oceania, but when it upsets customers (who see it as "nickel and diming), it is most definitely NOT good solid business practice.

"...a grasping few from deliberately exploiting unforeseen combinations from doubling or trebling their discounts..."

Paying for O-life, selecting the beverage package, then paying a significant amount to upgrade the package ... and then expecting the 20% La Reserve discount where you are DRINKING WINE  and not using the beverage package like you would for any other dinner ... is hardly "grasping" or "trebling".   And I thought Oceania struck the right balance: the value in a La Reserve dinner is about 50% wine and they only give 20% off!   Look, I love lots about Oceania, but there's nothing wrong with a little criticism of them from time to time.  I guess the Wine Policy VP must be your daughter or something...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1