Allure Comedy shows/entertainment

Mollycat

Hello,

I am looking to book entertainment for my upcoming cruise in January.   Are all the comedy shows the same, with the same comedian?   I understand that the later shows may be more of an adult show, which is okay.   I’m just trying to figure out if I can only pre-book comedy for one night?   Same with the “headliner showtime”?  The way I see it, there are only 5 different shows for a 7 night cruise (Mama Mia, Blue Planet, ice games, comedy and headliner).   The aquatics show is not showing up to book.   I am going with my in-laws, who typically expect to see a new show each night.   We have never cruised on such a big ship.  

Thank you 🙂

The comedy venue is very small and show will be similar each night for adults only.  They also have a show at the end of the cruise in the theater that is cleaner.  Aquatheater show should open up soon for you, and they have a "diving competition" on the last sea day with no reservations.  As Bob said, you can only book one of each show but they open the venues to anybody about 10 minutes before the show. 

Aquatheater is very popular, so get there around 30 minutes before your reservation if you want seats with a back instead of bench seats.  You may or may not know the headliner in advance.  In our case it was a singer.

Sometimes the ice and water venues have a second different show later in the cruise with no reservations.  Did not in October.

48 minutes ago, island lady said:

I missed out on Chicago also...or is that on anther ship?  Hoping to see Momma Mia on Allure...or wherever the show ends up transferring to.  

Chicago was the first Broadway show on Allure.

4 hours ago, LeeW said:

The comedy venue is very small and show will be similar each night for adults only.  They also have a show at the end of the cruise in the theater that is cleaner.  Aquatheater show should open up soon for you, and they have a "diving competition" on the last sea day with no reservations.  As Bob said, you can only book one of each show but they open the venues to anybody about 10 minutes before the show. 

Aquatheater is very popular, so get there around 30 minutes before your reservation if you want seats with a back instead of bench seats.  You may or may not know the headliner in advance.  In our case it was a singer.

Sometimes the ice and water venues have a second different show later in the cruise with no reservations.  Did not in October.

thank you so much!  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was hoping they would recycle it onto another ship...like they did with Hairspray.  

Perhaps they lost the contract.  I did see some posts that said the show was not appropriate for young children, so maybe that had something to do with the removal.

27 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Perhaps they lost the contract.  I did see some posts that said the show was not appropriate for young children, so maybe that had something to do with the removal.

Ahhh...I could see that.  Definitely geared for us older types.  😉 

I was able to book all shows @exactly 90 days out for our recent Allure show. I booked the comedy show in the small comedy live venue for early in the week then it let me book another comedy show for the Main Amber theater the last night of the show. I had thought that perhaps the shows would be different because it let me book each and also I guess because they were in different venus..but with the exception of just a couple of lines from each comedian, it was the same material.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, LeeW said:

they open the venues to anybody about 10 minutes before the show

On Allure, not true for the Comedy Club. We encountered terribly rude staffers manning the door for all 3 nights we stood in line. They refused to acknowledge that a waiting line could even form and refused to say whether anyone without reservations would be allowed in even if there were empty seats. We formed a line anyway. On all 3 nights they let about 15 to 20 people in, but it was literally only 30 seconds before the performance time. 

We were told that this was a new policy set by the Cruise Director. Apparently in the past they used to let waiting people in earlier and got in trouble because some super-tier or mega-suite pax with reservations came at showtime, found they lost their seats, and raised Holy H---.

Moral: if you don't have rez, go 25 mins early and form a line next to the door. Don't ask the staff anything, but make sure you are in a discernible line so later people go behind you. You will get in if first!

We were the last ones not to get in first night, we quit on the 2nd night but would have gotten in, and were first in line on the 3rd. Very fun show!

Edited by mayleeman
added last para