Oceania Entertainment

TravelerTeacherRetired

9 minutes ago, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

His personality and “shrill, yelling like” delivery is one we just didn’t care for. 

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I do look forward to the entertainment on board and have been disappointed on occasion. Other than that I hope you are having a brilliant cruise.

27 minutes ago, TravelerTeacherRetired said:

His personality and “shrill, yelling like” delivery is one we just didn’t care for. 

What is the name of this magician ?

I have only gone to see one on Oceania ships & I do not think he is part of the same Company that does the entertainers

I also have never seen a magician on Oceania over many cruises.  There was one on a QE2 cruise back on 2004 that was wonderful ... and I don't care for magicians either!  Sorry you had a sorry experience there.

For the record, we don't go to the shows all that often ... we're classical musician people so a typical "show" doesn't necessarily attract us.  Sometimes we go in and plant ourselves in the back so that if we want to leave, we can.  We usually do not, however.

I remember a story about Victor Borge when a grande dame was slowly marching down the aisle to her very front seat (I think at Carnegie Hall in NYC) after the performance had started.  He played one note per step, and she gradually increased her pace until she rushed into her seat.

I wouldn't want that to happen to us if we were noticeably LEAVING a performance ...

On our first Oceania cruise in 09 there was an Upclose magic guy that went around to the tables in Horizon during happy hour. We was actually quite impressive. I haven't seen one quite like that since. 

1 minute ago, boblin said:

name of magician is Craig Diamond. I was there, feel the same as initial poster. Not pleasant.  Have enjoyed all the production shows, tho’.

wow

We did enjoy his show a few years back   but do not recall him screaming

I am not usually one to go to magic shows  be went twice to his

Yes his voice is  a bit shrill  but probably not something he can do about it 🤔