Cosol vs. Spencer Ambrose

babyclaytonmom

6 hours ago, babyclaytonmom said:

Going back and forth between their tours that seem very similar. Has anyone done both to compare? Spencer is a little more $ but just wondering which is better overall.

They do have one glaring difference - Cosol's tour is entirely by land, except short water taxi to/from beach) and Spencer's tour is entirely by boat, except land transport right in Soufriere - to volcano, waterfall, etc 

So, with Cosol, you miss the dramatic coastline views, and with Spencer, you miss the gorgeous interior land experiences like Banana plantation, Castries stops, fishing village, etc. 

The other main difference is food - Cosol has snacks - a lot of different snacks at a couple different stops versus a full box meal lunch served at the beach with Spencer, who doesn't have snacks along the way. 

So, flip a coin? Weigh going via land, and less expensive with more local food tastes along the way versus by sea with substantial boxed lunch served at beach...

Good luck, they're both excellent tours. 

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

They do have one glaring difference - Cosol's tour is entirely by land, except short water taxi to/from beach) and Spencer's tour is entirely by boat, except land transport right in Soufriere - to volcano, waterfall, etc 

So, with Cosol, you miss the dramatic coastline views, and with Spencer, you miss the gorgeous interior land experiences like Banana plantation, Castries stops, fishing village, etc. 

The other main difference is food - Cosol has snacks - a lot of different snacks at a couple different stops versus a full box meal lunch served at the beach with Spencer, who doesn't have snacks along the way. 

So, flip a coin? Weigh going via land, and less expensive with more local food tastes along the way versus by sea with substantial boxed lunch served at beach...

Good luck, they're both excellent tours. 

I'll just add that the water taxi with Cosol you mentioned is actually a "speed boat"...lot's of great food along the way and the beverage truck ... perfect !! Loved our Cosol tour !!

I can not give you the difference between the 2 companies but can vouch for Spencers tour. It is amazing and we have been with them twice. 

I have complete reviews on our experiences along with A LOT of pictures if you are interested. 

The first time we just did the beach at Jalousie and if you are in to snorkeling, this is the most amazing place ever!  HERE is my review from that first time. 

The second time we decided to try out the mud baths and waterfall, then on to the beach. It did not disappoint either. 

HERE is that review. 

• Like 1

I have yet to tour with Cosol but have toured with Spencer Ambrose three times on their Land, Sea and Beach adventure. I'll be with them for a fourth time next March on a snorkeling-centered excursion. I can't say enough good things about their crew!

I've never toured with Cosol either but have toured with Spencer Ambrose twice now.  We did the "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" the first time and "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure" the 2nd time.  Both tours have been our two favorite tours on any island we've done, both private and through the cruise line.  Spencer and his assistants (some are family members) really give the tours a personal feel and we've never once felt we were being "herded".  The tours are also more relaxed and we never had the feeling of being rushed, which is important to me.  Next time we get back, whenever that may be (arm twisting the DH), we'll be touring with them again.  I'm interested in the snorkeling-centered excursion, but I'd also love to do the Beach Break again. 

On 11/19/2019 at 3:07 PM, pghsteelerfan said:

I've never toured with Cosol either but have toured with Spencer Ambrose twice now.  We did the "Jalousie/Sugar Beach Break" the first time and "Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure" the 2nd time.  Both tours have been our two favorite tours on any island we've done, both private and through the cruise line.  Spencer and his assistants (some are family members) really give the tours a personal feel and we've never once felt we were being "herded".  The tours are also more relaxed and we never had the feeling of being rushed, which is important to me.  Next time we get back, whenever that may be (arm twisting the DH), we'll be touring with them again.  I'm interested in the snorkeling-centered excursion, but I'd also love to do the Beach Break again. 

You might want to try twisting his leg because I think it's not working on the arm....hahahaha.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stinger-pr said:

You might want to try twisting his leg because I think it's not working on the arm....hahahaha.

Hey Stinger-pr!  I know, right!?!?  Our last cruise was the one on Liberty where we almost crossed paths.  We did the family vacation to South Carolina in 2016 and spent 2 weeks in Hawaii in 2017 (25th Anniversary).  In 2018 we spent a week in New Orleans with good friends celebrating a milestone birthday and last month we celebrated another milestone birthday with same group of friends in FL.  Great times, but definitely missing cruising.  We're booked on Magic in May 2020 (HMC, GT, Aruba, Curacao) with friends we met on our last Liberty cruise.  I was so happy to see Carnival's announcement of the alternate itineraries out of San Juan on Fascination in 2021!!!  Hubby said we can't cruise every year since we need new windows and other updating on the house, so when I brought that up, I got a firm "NO".  I might be poking the proverbial hornets' next, but am seriously considering booking the one cruise on Fascination that other friends have already booked, behind his back of course.  😜.  I'll wait till Carnival offers another special (just missed one that ended last night) and put a down payment on it and wait till final payment is due to pay it off, which would give me time to really twist that leg of his (and neck if necessary).  If we can't make it work, we only lose down payment.  Fingers crossed!  That would be the 10/31/2021 sailing.  :)