Unable to check in

stoneman56

Trying to check in online for our cruise in December, filled out all the info, next page says I haven't supplied all the info needed so wont issue tickets. Can I just check in when we get to the port?

Edited by stoneman56

22 hours ago, stoneman56 said:

Trying to check in online for our cruise in December, filled out all the info, next page says I haven't supplied all the info needed so wont issue tickets. Can I just check in when we get to the port?

I do not believe MSC allows port check-ins, for security reasons. There will be a ship's manifest that is printed ahead of time with the guest information for all confirmed passengers. I hope you're able to get checked in on time, I would hate to hear of someone turning up at the cruise terminal and being denied boarding.

Keep trying the one that it won't accept.  I had problems checking in my sister, and finally about the third or fourth time, before I was done I saw an email notification pop up in the lower right corner of my screen, that my edocs where there.  And I was at least 40 days out.  I hurried up and printed them.  EM

• Like 1

I’m about 53 days out and it won’t let me check in either. When I click on “online check in” nothing happens. Also when do room numbers get assigned? Also does MSC  ever offer room upgrades and if so how do we know if we have an option for one?

thanks

On one of my bookings I can’t access the web check in when logged into the MSC account. I need to logout, then go to web check in and login with just my booking number and name. This made it possible to get my documents. This is for the USA site. My other account and booking it is working properly. 

No problems whatsoever. I verified all of the information in the Web Check-In, uploaded photos of me and of my wife, and seconds later I got our e-tickets in my Inbox. Easy-peasy. Our sailing is December 8, FYI. The US website does say e-tickets can only be requested if you are within 20 days of sailing, but obviously I was able to do so before then.

I also tried to do on-line check-in for my January 5th cruise and got to a point in the process where I could go no further and saw a message that my e-tickets would not be available until 20 days before sailing.  I wasn't even sure if I had completed the check-in; it's different from what I have done on the web sites of HAL, Princess, and Carnival.  (I'll have left home by then with no computer access.)  I contacted my travel agent and found that I was checked-in indeed and that the documents would be available on December 2nd.  She will print them and mail them to me on that date.