Southern Caribean Early December 2020

14 minutes ago, Getting out there said:

That is the itinerary I was looking at! It's over my granddaughter's birthday and wasn't sure about the price, but will keep early Dec. in mind.

Not sure of her age but we grabbed it during a "Kids Sail Free" promotion - seeing as it falls outside the traditional school vacation/xmas season sailings. We've had great success with this approach. (my kids are young enough that we do the "school work" they're missing with them....... another couple years we may have to rethink it. LOL)

I think our inside cabin was $2800 CAD (approx $2100USD?) for 4 of us -not incl. grats

Edited by NateUpNorth

ABCs is our favorite itinerary.  In a half dozen cruises down there in December (half from San Juan) most have been great weather.  One was rain and high winds all the way across the Caribbean.  Weird, and no effect on our enjoyment of the trip. 

Haven't hit a snow storm going down yet where we had to fly down earlier than a day but son has nearly missed a cruise even flying a day early. 

We have had snow storms when we got home twice.  Luggage with long pants didn't transfer flights in Atlanta so getting to rental car was a bit cold.

Fewer kids on ship, fewer ships in ports, generally cheaper fares in early December.

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just curious, but why would there be fewer ships in port? Moved to other locations?

I don’t know if this was their point, but the ABCs by and large have much less port traffic than other Caribbean ports.  When we did them a couple years ago, we never had more than one other ship in port with us.