Southern Caribean Early December 2020

3 hours ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

My friend and I are thinking of going on a southern Caribbean cruise next December.  I have not been on a Caribbean cruise in many years.  What are the negatives of going in December and positive?   Any incites would be appreciated. 

Where are you leaving from?

We did early December Southern Caribbean on Adventure of Seas a few years ago. Great weather and enjoyable cruise. Ship will be decorated for the Christmas holiday also. Departed from San Juan as most of RC’s Southern itineraries do. 

We got a great deal on a 2 bedroom family suite for the three of us about 45 days prior to sailing ($3,000 all in for the 3 of us). They had a few of these unsold 45 days out.  After booking, keep an eye on ability to upgrade as you get closer to your sailing date. 

4 hours ago, Cruiseoholic000 said:

My friend and I are thinking of going on a southern Caribbean cruise next December.  I have not been on a Caribbean cruise in many years.  What are the negatives of going in December and positive?   Any incites would be appreciated. 

Fewer children onboard if you avoid the holiday period.

This is our "sweet spot" of booking!

The Southern's out of Miami have been around first week Dec stretching 9 days which seems to have very good pricing prior to the Xmas sailing price jumps.

The only "negative" is making sure you allow for weather delays - depending on where you are travelling from.

1 minute ago, Getting out there said:

Southern Caribean

We did the ABC's out of Miami last year. There were no issues whatsoever with ocean temps. We were in the water at all 3 locations.

We loved it so much we're booked on the first week Dec 4(?) Explorer sailing to the ABC's again in 2020. Possibly the itinerary you're looking at.....