Shore Excursion booking deadline?

Acheavacci

7 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

When I log into my cruise planner and view shore excursions there are only a few remaining.  A couple of days ago there were many more available.  My cruise is in 92 days.  Was there a booking deadline I was unaware of?  

They could have a few providers with issues that dropped out.

I think they are doing something with the website.  I totally freaked out this morning when I looked at our cruise manager on the website.  The screen format is different and their are only 2 dozen excursions listed, not the 200+ the a few days ago.  None of the ones I had saved in my basket are there.  I hate it when they do  stuff like this!  I am guessing the website will be fixed in a day or two.  It happened to us last year on our cruise when they changed the order of ports on our itinerary...it was 3 months out so no problems really, but all of a sudden all the excursions were missing.  It took 3-4 days for everything to get added back on.  So I am not going to panic for now...I will wait over the weekend before I call them..  hopefully all the excursions get put back on the website.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

I think they are doing something with the website.  I totally freaked out this morning when I looked at our cruise manager on the website.  The screen format is different and their are only 2 dozen excursions listed, not the 200+ the a few days ago.  None of the ones I had saved in my basket are there.  I hate it when they do  stuff like this!  I am guessing the website will be fixed in a day or two.  It happened to us last year on our cruise when they changed the order of ports on our itinerary...it was 3 months out so no problems really, but all of a sudden all the excursions were missing.  It took 3-4 days for everything to get added back on.  So I am not going to panic for now...I will wait over the weekend before I call them..  hopefully all the excursions get put back on the website.  

Thank you!  I had a few in my cart that are gone as well.

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

It doesnt always hold in the cart.    After a bit it expires

Yes, I know this....but ALL excursions are missing from list for cruise in Feb.  All of them but 26 that showed back up this am.  I can't even put anything back in my cart in order to book.  

I just looked at the other cruise we have booked (Alaska in July) and its the same.... very few excursions showing up as available.  Luckily we booked all those already as the good ones always sell out fast.  

I really hate that new format, too.  It is not user friendly at all.  

• Like 2

Similar issue here as well.  I logged in to look at excursions for our cruise in Feb., and there are literally 6 excursions available for a 7 day cruise.  Something must be going on.

Now I have to find something else to do at work on a slow Friday 😞

Edited by tcadams18
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

Maybe they are getting ready for a black friday excursion sale?

• Like 2

Same for my January cruise. Everything was there Monday,and there is 1 showing up as sold out.  But it went from 100 showing on the list to 14, including the 1 sold out. And none for one of the ports. I'm hoping it's like someone above said and they're prepping for a black Friday sale. 

I'm noticing lots of new excursions everytime I check the website. And yesterday when I looked, there were 0 excursions listed for the 7 day cruise I have booked in may, so they're definitely doing things to the website. Just check back every day. I notice the option to favorite excurions is gone and my favorites list is missing, but it'll probably be back eventually.

14 hours ago, ABQrobin said:

I wondered about that too because I was thinking there HAD to be more excursions available than what I am seeing. And despite showing me some things, it just keeps "thinking" , never completely populating. I was able to make our dinner reservations - I sure hope it worked because it did take money out of my OBC to pay for it. 

10 hours ago, MNSUE said:

I wondered about that too because I was thinking there HAD to be more excursions available than what I am seeing. And despite showing me some things, it just keeps "thinking" , never completely populating. I was able to make our dinner reservations - I sure hope it worked because it did take money out of my OBC to pay for it. 

curious, how did you use onboard credit to pay for excursions?  Or are you on the ship now?

@cruisin*trigger  If you have an outstanding OBC balance and book an excursion or book a specialty restaurant etc, it will deduct the amount you owe from your OBC automatically.  It did for mine anyway. Im new so I cant tell you much else, but I set up our specialty dinner and it just deducted the amount from my OBC balance. PS Celebrity is having the same issue with their website not showing all of the excursions.

39 minutes ago, bowlman23 said:

I did. Apparently an update broke stuff. If you use Internet Explorer, it seems to work. Only showing 13 on my phone. 123 on IE. 

thanks.  I was guessing an update messed things up.  Seems to happen a lot at my DH's  job every time they do an update...nothing works right for a week or more.  I hope they fix it soon.  Crazy.

Wow.... it was my browser.  If you are having the same problem, try a different browser.  

Carnival website cruise manager pages a mess on Google Chrome, just fine on Edge.  

I booked the excursions just now, no problem.  But I do hope they fix the issue.