NA library

Caymus88

45 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Last I was on board, the "library" was limited to a few travel and photo books and atlases in the Crows Nest.  You might find the book swap over on the port side of the Crows Nest by the lecture area.

In November, the area the used to be a book swap had signs that the books needed to be returned at the end of the cruise.  I was surprised to see there was no longer a leave a book, take a book shelf.  It makes no sense to me not to have the book swap.  It costs HAL nothing and it sort of makes up for the missing library!

• Like 1

Just off the NS.  No library really--just some books scattered around in some cubby type shelving.  There is a book swap on three small shelves across from the EXC desk.  There were few books there == about 6-8 in foreign language and about 10-12 in English.   We sat at a table for 6 and we swapped books during our 14 day trip amongst us.  The last day those books landed on the swap shelves in the Crow's Nest.  So miss the libraries...

22 minutes ago, metairiegal said:

Will I be able to leave magazines (mostly People magazines) when I finish reading them?  Or, is that a no-no?

I don’t see why not.  

I’ve seen other people leave magazines and other people read them.

• Like 1

The Koningsdam captain was asked why there was no real library any more. He said the library books were found to be a hot spot for germs. You can still swap or leave your books. They will be removed when they start looking ratty. The Neptune lounge still had a few book shelves.

50 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

The Koningsdam captain was asked why there was no real library any more. He said the library books were found to be a hot spot for germs.

But the reference books HAL does have aren't??? I'm not buying it.