Lunch on embarkation day.

Houndfish

• Clarea changed the title to Lunch on embarkation day.
On 11/16/2019 at 5:08 PM, Houndfish said:

What food venues serve lunch on embarkation day?

WIndjammer (buffet) for sure.

Not the Main Dining Room.

Mention the ship name for more info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

If I may piggyback off this question:  is there a Suite lunch venue open on Embarkation Day on Grandeur?  Chops, for instance?:classic_blush:  Please and thank you.

Nope.

However, suites do get made to order breakfast in a specialty restaurant.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Nope.

However, suites do get made to order breakfast in a specialty restaurant.

Darn.  Thanks.  Yes, I know about (and totally LOVE🥰) the Chops breakfast.  I was just hoping to avoid embarkation lunch at Windjammer this time.:classic_sad:

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

If I may piggyback off this question:  is there a Suite lunch venue open on Embarkation Day on Grandeur?  Chops, for instance?:classic_blush:  Please and thank you.

Chops is open (surely has been on the last 'x' number of cruises I've been on)

Chops lunch is a cheap version, and yet still has several of the dinner menu choices. We like eating there to beat the rushing around on ED that almost always happens in the Windjammer, I also think it's a nice way to see if Chops is for you before you spend more for a dinner slot!

**** sorry just spotted the Grandeur bit ****

Edited by ZiggaZagga17

Just now, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Chops is open (surely has been on the last 'x' number of cruises I've been on)

Chops lunch is a cheap version, and yet still has several of the dinner menu choices. We like eating there to beat the rushing around on ED that almost always happens in the Windjammer, I also think it's a nice way to see if Chops is for you before you spend more for a dinner slot!

Oh!  Chops is open to all for lunch on Embarkation Day?  That's good, that'll do nicely.  Paying for the lunch isn't as appealing as it being an included suite perk, but I'll happily pay to avoid the Windjammer.  Thank you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Oh!  Chops is open to all for lunch on Embarkation Day?  That's good, that'll do nicely.  Paying for the lunch isn't as appealing as it being an included suite perk, but I'll happily pay to avoid the Windjammer.  Thank you!

Yeah,  it's become a cruise 'staple' for us - they still have their Mushroom soup and another of our favourites Beef Carpaccio, as well as the Filet amongst a few others I can't recall at this moment. They serve about 2/3 of the sides too!

** please check for the Grandeur as I haven't sailed on her, but I've yet to cruise on a ship that didn't do it! **

Edited by ZiggaZagga17
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Yeah,  it's become a cruise 'staple' for us - they still have their Mushroom soup and another of our favourites Beef Carpaccio, as well as the Filet amongst a few others I can't recall at this moment. They serve about 2/3 of the sides too!

** please check for the Grandeur as I haven't sailed on her, but I've yet to cruise on a ship that didn't do it! **

Will do.  Thanks!:classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

last time on Liberty, Chops was only open for Key guests

But not for Suite guests?  That sucks.  That shouldn't be done. 

On a related note, I was just looking at Suite Perks list from RCI because i thought I remembered something about lunch, and saw this:

"Private Lunch Seating Available on Ships without Coastal Kitchen (Location Varies by Ship and Sailing)"

Does anyone know to what this refers, specifically?  And where it would be on Grandeur?  Is it just a roped-off seating section in which to eat one's WJ lunch (no, thank you) or is it a lunch that is served (yes, please)?

6 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Was the Key around then? 

Sounds crazy, but so many cruises they sort of blend into one and as the Key hasn't really interested us, then all I can say is I'm not 100% certain!

That said, the last 3 cruises it has been available AND so has Chops Lunch! 🤔

6 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

But not for Suite guests?  That sucks.  That shouldn't be done. 

On a related note, I was just looking at Suite Perks list from RCI because i thought I remembered something about lunch, and saw this:

"Private Lunch Seating Available on Ships without Coastal Kitchen (Location Varies by Ship and Sailing)"

Does anyone know to what this refers, specifically?  And where it would be on Grandeur?  Is it just a roped-off seating section in which to eat one's WJ lunch (no, thank you) or is it a lunch that is served (yes, please)?

Most likely not available on Grandeur.

This usually refers to seating in a specialty restaurant near Windjammer on Voyager and Freedom class ships.  No special lunch, just seating for the buffet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

According to cruisegirl1, the MDR "special embarkation day lunch" is open to Suites.

• Thanks 2