Onboard chorus?

ArtsyCraftsy

This is probably a dumb question (and I did search the forum with no results)...

Has anyone ever organized an ad hoc onboard chorus or known of or participated in one on any Regent ship/cruise?  I know it has been done on Cunard when the National Symphony Orchestra is in residence, but I’ve never heard of one on any other cruise line.  Someone put together a ukulele group on my Holland America South Pacific cruise this past spring but no vocal/singing groups.

I ask because the world cruise is coming up in January, and with lots of sea days, it would be a perfect opportunity to put something together, but I’d need to do some planning with Regent to get rehearsal space/times. It may not be doable at all, but I thought I’d ask.

Thanks...

Lana in Bellingham, WA

2 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

I don't know about Regent, but Crystal does this on their world cruise itineraries.  It is open to all passengers, for a segment or for the whole world cruise.

That’s like what I’m hoping for.  I’ve organized and directed choruses for a number of events (usually conventions or conferences), and founded & directed a ”seniors choir” in Seattle, including writing and arranging music for them.  It’s something I really enjoy doing -- all I'd need is space to rehearse with a piano.  

I’ll contact my Regent cruise consultant guy and see what he can find out.

Thanks!

Lana 

On the 2017 World Cruise a group self-organized and then performed one evening near the end of the cruise. I think all of their songs related to cruising/the sea.  I was not a part of it, but knew several who were, and they really enjoyed it.

20 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I’d love to be part of the chorus...2 problems...I can’t carry a tune and I’m not on the world cruise.  I have often said if I had a wish for a talent..I’d pick singing. 

I could definitely help you with the first problem (carrying a tune), but not the second, unfortunately.  If this actually happens, I’ll make sure we get a video or two of the group.

Lana

On 11/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, ArtsyCraftsy said:

This is probably a dumb question (and I did search the forum with no results)...

Has anyone ever organized an ad hoc onboard chorus or known of or participated in one on any Regent ship/cruise?  I know it has been done on Cunard when the National Symphony Orchestra is in residence, but I’ve never heard of one on any other cruise line.  Someone put together a ukulele group on my Holland America South Pacific cruise this past spring but no vocal/singing groups.

I ask because the world cruise is coming up in January, and with lots of sea days, it would be a perfect opportunity to put something together, but I’d need to do some planning with Regent to get rehearsal space/times. It may not be doable at all, but I thought I’d ask.

Thanks...

Lana in Bellingham, WA

We just booked the last leg of this cruise (the Miami to San Fran version). Will you be on till San Fran or are you disembarking in Miami? Would love to meet you, say hello, and talk about the world cruises since we also recently booked the 2022 world cruise. 

1 minute ago, kjbacon said:

We just booked the last leg of this cruise (the Miami to San Fran version). Will you be on till San Fran or are you disembarking in Miami? Would love to meet you, say hello, and talk about the world cruises since we also recently booked the 2022 world cruise. 

I disembark in San Francisco, so definitely let’s try to meet!  I’m looking at the 2022 world cruise -- can’t decide just yet.  

Lana

11 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

I disembark in San Francisco, so definitely let’s try to meet!  I’m looking at the 2022 world cruise -- can’t decide just yet.  

Lana

Fabulous, sounds like a date! Our first two days are at sea so how about we meet for lunch on one of those days? There are 3 of us, joining me are my husband and mother-in-law (her first time on Regent). Love the itinerary for the 2022 world cruise and am very excited about it. It’s a long story but the time presented itself for us to do a world cruise and that one looked the best to us.