Beverage Package - Drinks Over $12

Tedferg

PBP - I have read, more than once, here on CC that Princess now allows you to pay the difference for drinks over $12. I did check T&C on Princess site and they still say full price of drink is charged. Not a problem for me, but when I saw Rombauer Chardonnay for $15 glass on a Vines menu, I was excited for a couple who travel with us and the DW is a huge fan of this Chardonnay. Sorry to repeat this question,  I asked on other threads, but it gets lost in other topics.

We just returned from the Grand Princess today. On all wine drinks over $12 we only paid the difference. It showed up on our account as the bar (Vines) then the extra dollar or two. 
hope this helps. 

I was only charged the difference on the Regal last February at Vines twice but I do not know if it is fleet wide.  He told me it was the new policy but as you pointed out the wording has never changed on the Princess site.  When I asked in the MDR they had not heard anything about it.

Edited by franktown
correct

16 hours ago, livinginyellow said:

Yes! You just pay the difference. At least that's what happened on my Golden Princess cruise this summer. This is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise, because you can try an expensive glass of wine for "cheap."

Was this in Vines bar ?

I was on Crown October 8-18. They only charged the extra over $12. This was in both the dining room and Vines. I asked the bartender about it and was told the policy was changed. When I returned home I did look at the policy online and noticed it is not changed. I can only say what I was told on board.

22 hours ago, Tedferg said:

OK Thanks for responses. In our situation we are Ocean View close to Vines and so those Rombauer for an extra $3 would be enticing 🙂

We were just on the Grand and my friend, who had the beverage package, was able to just pay the difference for a glass of Rombauer.  She was in her own little heaven.