quantum of the seas questions

Quantum of the seas has just come out of dry dock and I was wondering if anyone is on board that can answer my questions please.

Do they have the asian/canadian/american cruise director? I think his name is Chang or Fang, I have had him on 2 previous cruises and he isnt my cup of tea.

Are all the shows and trivia in chinese? Im looking at booking a cruise for early January and it says that its a "culturally enriched" cruise.

Are they still charging for the use of the ifly and other attractions, just because its "culturally enriched", as they did before dry dock?

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.

Thank you Biker19

I have done many cruises with royal out of Singapore and Hong Kong.

Only one was "culturally enriched", but it was the Mariner and they didnt charge for any of the activities.

I enjoy the asian food, so that side doesnt bother me, its if the shows and trivia are in chinese.

They have a warning document as you go into bookings about the using the predominant language.

3 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Quantum of the seas has just come out of dry dock and I was wondering if anyone is on board that can answer my questions please.

Do they have the asian/canadian/american cruise director? I think his name is Chang or Fang, I have had him on 2 previous cruises and he isnt my cup of tea.

Are all the shows and trivia in chinese? Im looking at booking a cruise for early January and it says that its a "culturally enriched" cruise.

Are they still charging for the use of the ifly and other attractions, just because its "culturally enriched", as they did before dry dock?

Fang Lixin is the regular cruise director on Spectrum.

i am getting on Quantum on Monday and they do charge for North Star and iFly in my cruise planner.

Even when we sailed out Shanghai on Quantum during the last two years, there were plenty of activities including trivia in English. I can’t comment on the shows as I rarely bother with those. 

I will report back with more details once I am on the ship.

Corinna

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

i am getting on Quantum on Monday and they do charge for North Star and iFly in my cruise planner.

Even when we sailed out Shanghai on Quantum during the last two years, there were plenty of activities including trivia in English. I can’t comment on the shows as I rarely bother with those. 

Corinna

Thanks, also looking forward to some first hand info. 

12 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Culturally enriched means the local language is primary, as well as food. When in China, the government controls many prices, the vacations are booked through wholesalers.  It is much different.  Therefore RCCL charges fees for items that are normally free, to make up the lost control of revenue in this market.  But I'm not going that section of the world to be on the ship, but to experience the countries.  The ship, is fun, and if they charge some things, I'm ok.  Still have choices and looking forward to my next Asian trip.  By the way, the problem with English Trivia, is that no one shows up for it since it is not the primary language. 

9 hours ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Corinna

Thank you!  Would you be able to report on whether the Royal Suite Class system is in effect for Jr Suites and above please?

I hope you have a wonderful time on the Quantum!

5 hours ago, bertrande said:

Thank you!  Would you be able to report on whether the Royal Suite Class system is in effect for Jr Suites and above please?

Thanks. Will do. I snagged a Grand Suite through Royal Up so I will have first hand experience.

Corinna

9 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

By the way, the problem with English Trivia, is that no one shows up for it since it is not the primary language. 

Then you can win a lifetime supply of pens, keychains and markers.  Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

While I was umming and ahhing the airfares kept going up to Singapore, so I booked a 12 night  Voyager Sydney to the Islands instead. (although Sydney airfares are silly around that time of year also)

One thing that I also noticed was that Royal caribbean had the Diamond Lounge as not available during Singapore and China sailings

On 11/20/2019 at 12:10 AM, dolphingirl47 said:

Corinna

Hi Corinna. I'm considering booking the Quantum in March for a short 5 night Malaysia cruise. After disembarkation we plan to fly directly to India for a 1 week land tour. Do you happen to know how early disembarkation is? I'm trying to find out what's the earliest flight I can book. Thanks for any insight you can provide. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Hi Corinna. I'm considering booking the Quantum in March for a short 5 night Malaysia cruise. After disembarkation we plan to fly directly to India for a 1 week land tour. Do you happen to know how early disembarkation is? I'm trying to find out what's the earliest flight I can book. Thanks for any insight you can provide. 

Usually the ship gets in at 7:00. If you self-disembark, you should be able to get off by 8. From midday onwards would be ideal, but anything after 11:00 should be doable, especially if you are able to do online check in.

Corinna

1 hour ago, dolphingirl47 said:

Usually the ship gets in at 7:00. If you self-disembark, you should be able to get off by 8. From midday onwards would be ideal, but anything after 11:00 should be doable, especially if you are able to do online check in.

Corinna

Thanks for the information. Now I have to decide on which budget airline to fly, Malindo air or Air Asia.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:36 AM, dolphingirl47 said:

Thanks. Will do. I snagged a Grand Suite through Royal Up so I will have first hand experience.

Corinna

Have a wonderful cruise today, Corinna!  Please do update if the Grand Suites have complimentary internet and other Sky class perks.  We received the email from our genie this morning so Star Class is in place together with complimentary specialty dining (although not sure if we still have to pay for iFly and 270) so it will be interesting to see what perks are included for the Grand Suites.

43 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Have a wonderful cruise today, Corinna!  Please do update if the Grand Suites have complimentary internet and other Sky class perks.  We received the email from our genie this morning so Star Class is in place together with complimentary specialty dining (although not sure if we still have to pay for iFly and 270) so it will be interesting to see what perks are included for the Grand Suites.

Will do. We are on board now, but can’t get into our cabin yet.

Corinna

On 11/20/2019 at 11:09 PM, bertrande said:

Royal Suite Class is in operation. We had a flyer in the cabin listing all the Sky class benefits.

Corinna

5 hours ago, bertrande said:

We do have complimentary internet. Enjoyed our lunch in Coastal Kitchen and are now chilling in the Concierge Lounge.

Corinna

2 minutes ago, dolphingirl47 said:

We do have complimentary internet. Enjoyed our lunch in Coastal Kitchen and are now chilling in the Concierge Lounge.

Corinna

Sounds wonderful.  Am glad RCL has its act together onboard its ship if not its shoreside operations and communications.  Have a great cruise - are you on the 5N Spice of SE Asia cruise?