Celebrity Charging $1,800 Deposits For All Suites For the Last 15 Years?

Lastdance

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

My last two Celebrity cruises were in Jan 2020 on Eclipse and Jan 2019 on Edge in CS suite both booked on line.  And then two cancelled cruises in a CS.  And my next cruise on Silhouette in a CS Aug 2022 (originally booked on board).  In checking my documents all 5 cruises had a $900 deposit per person.  Perhaps some cruises are reduced deposit but I guess I have not been fortunate enough to find those.  I have never used a TA so maybe that might be a difference?

I don't know why you've been charged so much, we never use a TA.  I just now made a reservation on line for a CS and the deposit was $900.  

The fact is Celebrity's policy is 200% deposit on CS and above.  Those not charged that are lucky.   Just look at your guest invoice.   If I were in Celebrity's cash crunch I'd  fix this ASAP.

Deposit amounts may vary by promotion. North American bookings will require a 200% deposit of standard deposit amount for deluxe suite categories. This amount is not
reflected in the total deposit requirement listed above.

The fact that the deposit is not calculated properly and displayed properly on the invoice is inexcusable by their IT department.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

The fact is Celebrity's policy is 200% deposit on CS and above.  Those not charged that are lucky.   Just look at your guest invoice.   If I were in Celebrity's cash crunch I'd  fix this ASAP.

Deposit amounts may vary by promotion. North American bookings will require a 200% deposit of standard deposit amount for deluxe suite categories. This amount is not
reflected in the total deposit requirement listed above.

The fact that the deposit is not calculated properly and displayed properly on the invoice is inexcusable by their IT department.

Well then I guess I should be grateful for the continued ineptness of the IT group at Celebrity.  I have never paid more than a $450 deposit, no matter the level of the suite.