Voyager Refurb gives Diamond lounge to suite guests!

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You want to stay on the dark  side, young Phillip.? Come over to Prrincess and come back new. 
th.jpg.3ff307dc1f623e5d5dfbed3504733bd4.jpg

p

If the first ship in Sydney is a princess ,carnival or P&O.

I will quickly forget my loyalty.

Royal Caribbean WHO ??

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

I also liked the Diamond Lounge and hope it stays.   There is not much talk of it going on the RCCL Forum these days.  I am OK with the drinks being loaded on our cards but I would miss the lounge where one could make a better cup of coffee.   I like to come back new on Princess but I also like the free drinks and Diamond Lounge on RCCL - can't pick a favourite between the two.

20 hours ago, Rassa said:

I also liked the Diamond Lounge and hope it stays.   There is not much talk of it going on the RCCL Forum these days.  I am OK with the drinks being loaded on our cards but I would miss the lounge where one could make a better cup of coffee.   I like to come back new on Princess but I also like the free drinks and Diamond Lounge on RCCL - can't pick a favourite between the two.

I like the idea of 3-5 drinks that you can have anytime, Works for me.

Just because it’s happy hour at 430 -730 and you have to bundy clock on.

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, MarinerG said:

We are Diamond+ members and well on way to Pinnacle and although we got married on the Voyager by Captain Sindra on the helideck early 2016 having a wonderful time, we went back onboard March 2020 and was so disappointed and insulted at the treatment of loyal members.to the point we will not be back on the Voyager and have now all but avoided RCCL. We don’t care about the free drinks as we always have drink packages. It’s more somewhere to get away from the ever increasing crowded ship RCCL market is now going for.

Welcome to cruise critic.

17 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I like the idea of 3-5 drinks that you can have anytime, Works for me.

Just because it’s happy hour at 430 -730 and you have to bundy clock on.

I like both options, some cruises we drink with friends in the bars (as they are not diamond), others we drink in the lounge as they are. Either way though we use the lounge for more than just drinks and having it missing is a bit disappointing.

Maybe I am getting this wrong? For some unknown reason we haven't cruised since the changes ie for past year, but my understanding that on Voyager/Explorer the DL was converted to SL, so the high payers get the better lounge, and the DL was moved to another venue on Deck 5, so not the great view we did have, but a venue nonetheless.

Anyway, the drinks on the card mostly works for us, so no biggie.

Would be happy to be onboard again one day.

5 hours ago, mr walker said:

Maybe I am getting this wrong? For some unknown reason we haven't cruised since the changes ie for past year, but my understanding that on Voyager/Explorer the DL was converted to SL, so the high payers get the better lounge, and the DL was moved to another venue on Deck 5, so not the great view we did have, but a venue nonetheless.

Voyager was half done ,they moved the suite lounge up where the diamond lounge was.

The diamond went to where you just walk into the star lounge,I think it was a reading room or child care room.

And they put in about 80 more cabins where the gym and concierge lounge was.

All to enhance the cruising experience nothing to do with profits.

Explorer was supposed to be done but that’s another story.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I like both options, some cruises we drink with friends in the bars (as they are not diamond), others we drink in the lounge as they are. Either way though we use the lounge for more than just drinks and having it missing is a bit disappointing.

5 hours ago, mr walker said:

If it does change you will get premium drinks anytime ,anywhere .

So better spirits,better wine or a Starbucks coffee.  

A Bloody Mary for breakfast,a drink of the day around the pool for lunch or a better coffee.

And if you have a suite or are a pinnacle ,you can get your 3-5 drinks as a C&A perk through the day and hit the suite lounge for happy hour.