Help! Overcharged on future cruise deposit certificate

Aunt Tina

I purchased a future cruise deposit certificate onboard the Insignia on Oct. 28, just before the end of the cruise on the 30th.  I was traveling with a girlfriend. I neglected to check the paperwork which was received on the 29th.   My charge card just came showing $700 for the deposit- which I thought was supposed to be $350. My paperwork was addressed to Mr/Mrs and was $700.I called Oceania and the person I talked to said the deposit was $700 - I told him it was supposed to be 1 person for $350 and Mr. passed away 10 years ago.  He insisted the deposit was supposed to be $700.  I didn't save a copy of the form I filled out.

Can someone confirm that the future cruise certificate was $350 - and hopefully send a copy of the form?  Thank You!

42 minutes ago, Aunt Tina said:

I purchased a future cruise deposit certificate onboard the Insignia on Oct. 28, just before the end of the cruise on the 30th.  I was traveling with a girlfriend. I neglected to check the paperwork which was received on the 29th.   My charge card just came showing $700 for the deposit- which I thought was supposed to be $350. My paperwork was addressed to Mr/Mrs and was $700.I called Oceania and the person I talked to said the deposit was $700 - I told him it was supposed to be 1 person for $350 and Mr. passed away 10 years ago.  He insisted the deposit was supposed to be $700.  I didn't save a copy of the form I filled out.

Can someone confirm that the future cruise certificate was $350 - and hopefully send a copy of the form?  Thank You!

Since you report that you didn't review the cost commitments on the Future Cruise Certificate booking document when you received it, I'm betting that you also haven't researched the Terms & Conditions for Oceania cruises, including:

Single Supplements 
There will be a charge for single occupancy of 200% of the double occupancy suite or stateroom fare.

4 minutes ago, sitraveler said:

I just bought a FCC on Regatta. It was $350.00 for a single. It’s not the first time I’ve done it. 

Perhaps good news for OP unless, of course, s/he didn't specify wanting a single supplement future certificate (?). After all, s/he appar ntly was sharing a cabin on that current journey.

What we don't know (or is not clear) is whether OP plans to use the certificate for one (single) or two (double occupancy) folks on the future cruise.

This was my 45th cruise, but my first with Oceania.  I have purchased several future cruise certificates from Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and never had to purchase for a double charge.  I talked with the "agent Sioux" onboard who said it would be $350.  She advised me to get the future certificate rather than trying to book a specific cruise since I care for my 94 year old Mom.  She addressed the letter to Mr. and Mrs- even though Mr. wasn't even onboard/alive - then charged $700.  If she had told me it would be $700 I would not have done it.  I should have checked her letter. It came the last night.

I just talked with the Oceania agent that I had booked that cruise with - she didn't seem to be concerned that I had been double charged - she just tried to get me to book another cruise!

So - beware if you try to purchase a single $350 certificate on Insignia with Sioux - you may not be getting what you asked for and Check the Documents!!!!

1 hour ago, Aunt Tina said:

I just talked with the Oceania agent that I had booked that cruise with - she didn't seem to be concerned that I had been double charged - she just tried to get me to book another cruise!

So - beware if you try to purchase a single $350 certificate on Insignia with Sioux - you may not be getting what you asked for and Check the Documents!!!!

Call & ask for a supervisor or the O Club Ambassador

Some phone reps may not understand  what you are trying to convey

JMO

1 hour ago, sitraveler said:

It’s not like you’ve lost the $350,   They’ll take $700 off the cost of the cruise. 

OP: You could try calling or sending an email to an "Oceania reservations supervisor" (ResSupervisors@oceaniacruises.com explaining the problem while also requesting a correction and/or, try to send an email directly to Sioux or the current onboard ambassador (contact info should be on the invoice you received).

Hooray!  Thanks Flatbush Flyer!  Within seconds of sending an email to ressupervisors.oceaniacruises.com I got a call from Gus offering to credit my charge card with the extra $350 I was charged!

I could send you cookies for Christmas - the edible kind!

• Like 1