Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

52 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

As a Bucs Fan your Saints and more importantly Drew Brees has been a pain in our arses far too long :(. 

Teddy had a pretty good game against y’all this year as well. You did have the Fitzmagic game last year though.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, Saint Greg said:

Welcome! I guess you’re talking college basketball? The NBA goes on forever it seems....

I'm a high school basketball coach up here in Ohio. We are booked the week after my season ends. Getting closer to leaving. Finish packing and enjoy the flight!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, kpark895 said:

I use zip ties.  Easy to cut off by security, if needed.  I can also tell if someone has been in my suitcase.  Cheaper than a destroyed lock, plus those little locks that come with suitcases are pretty much useless.

I use zip ties as well.  Easy way to prevent an "accidental" opening by baggage handlers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I miss Fitzmagic! I’m so over Crab legs Winston. 

Winston is in the last year of his contract and unless he killed it this season I would've bet they'd move on next year. Now I'm not so sure. I heard an interview with the Bucs play-by-play guy two weeks ago...before our game with them. He stressed that they love Winston. He's also the play-by-play guy for Florida State so he may be a little biased. And Jameis threw us four balls that game. But that interview left me thinking they plan to re-sign him.

Edited by Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Winston is in the last year of his contract and unless he killed it this season I would've bet they'd move on next year. Now I'm not so sure. I heard an interview with the Bucs play-by-play guy two weeks ago...before our game with them. He stressed that they love Winston. He's also the play-by-play guy for Florida State so he may be a little biased. And Jameis threw us four balls that game. But that interview left me thinking they plan to re-sign him.

Ugh! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I got a little surprise gift yesterday. I woke up and my lip didn't seem right. It felt like I was punched in the mouth the night before. It turns out I developed some form of a cold sore or blister overnight. Whatever it is I'm calling it Fred. I started searching the internet for a way to get rid of Fred quickly. I find something saying Abreva can get rid of them in 2 1/2 days. Great. It's a good thing drug stores are open on Thanksgiving...because I need some Abreva immediately. 

I stopped at a Walgreens on the way to my Thanksgiving get together. Or maybe it was a CVS. I don't know. I feel like they're the same store with a different name. On Canal street there are like four Walgreens/CVS stores within three blocks of each other.

I find the lip care aisle and bypass the chapstick, blistex, and carmex looking this magical healing cream called Abreva. $22.99 for a tube of this stuff about the size of a super glue tube. I check for a CVS/Walgreens brand of this stuff and don't find any. They also have Abreva in this chapstick type dispenser with a pump. The price is the same so I buy that one. $24.99 after tax.

It says I'm supposed to apply this stuff to the affected area five times per day. I'm taking it seriously and making sure I get the five times in. Hopefully it works because I really don't want to take Fred to the Steakhouse on Sunday night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I use Abreva for my cold sores all the time- it really is the best on the market, I've found... I actually put it on more than 5 times a day for the first couple of days- as much as every 2 hours, til the cold sore starts to fade.

I find if I apply it soon enough it is like a small blister that will fade away over a couple of days. If not, it will become an actual sore, when the blister breaks and then it's a major pain in the butt!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

I use Abreva for my cold sores all the time- it really is the best on the market, I've found... I actually put it on more than 5 times a day for the first couple of days- as much as every 2 hours, til the cold sore starts to fade.

I find if I apply it soon enough it is like a small blister that will fade away over a couple of days. If not, it will become an actual sore, when the blister breaks and then it's a major pain in the butt!

Good. I started working on this one a few hours after discovering it.

3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Hopefully that means today will be the worst, and every day that much better. I know Abreva is expensive, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

I'll have to try it.  And that is cheap!  :)  I have always used Denavir, which is a prescription, and it works amazing, but the cost is out of hand, its high even with insurance coverage.   The cash cost for Denavir topical cream 1% is around $857 for a supply of 5 grams.

Flight updates work. I got a gate change update. I set an alarm to remind me I could check-in on the app 24 hours before the flight. But I'm looking at it and I still have options to change seats. Seats back behind me are no additional charge. Seats in front of me range from $5-16 to upgrade. I'm wondering how long they leave that option open...because there are a lot of empty seats...a lot of empty rows...and If I could relocate late where I knew I wouldn't have anyone next to me..maybe even where I wouldn't have anyone on my row....that would be nice.

I am in row 20 on the aisle. All of the seats in 9-11 are open for a $10 charge. The aisle seat in 12 for a $16 charge. All of 15-19 for $5. Then all of 24-29 for no charge. I do know that you don't want to get too close to the bathroom because if a line develops, you have people standing over you waiting. Fortunately the people who like to be close to the bathroom booked up 30-31.

Anyone know how long you can relocate like this? Is it all the way up until you check in?

Seat_Map_Airbus_A320-200_V2_Spirit_Airli

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Flight updates work. I got a gate change update. I set an alarm to remind me I could check-in on the app 24 hours before the flight. But I'm looking at it and I still have options to change seats. Seats back behind me are no additional charge. Seats in front of me range from $5-16 to upgrade. I'm wondering how long they leave that option open...because there are a lot of empty seats...a lot of empty rows...and If I could relocate late where I knew I wouldn't have anyone next to me..maybe even where I wouldn't have anyone on my row....that would be nice.

I am in row 20 on the aisle. All of the seats in 9-11 are open for a $10 charge. The aisle seat in 12 for a $16 charge. All of 15-19 for $5. Then all of 24-29 for no charge. I do know that you don't want to get too close to the bathroom because if a line develops, you have people standing over you waiting. Fortunately the people who like to be close to the bathroom booked up 30-31.

Anyone know how long you can relocate like this? Is it all the way up until you check in?

Seat_Map_Airbus_A320-200_V2_Spirit_Airli

They don’t let a line form anymore ever. It’s a hazard. They ask you to go back to your seat. 

• Like 1

A lot of those “empty” seats aren’t actually going to be empty. Not everyone pays extra to choose their seats, they just take whatever is assigned to them. They usually get them assigned at the gate. You’ll really have no way of knowIng if anyone will be seated next to you until you’re on the plane. The flight could be totally sold out and if they don’t sell those seats, some are going to get them at no additional cost. They keep the seats available for purchase until the very last minute, so they can keep making $$ until the doors close.  Anyway, to answer your question, you can relocate your seat for a fee, even once you get to the gate, if seats are still available for purchase.

Edited by blarko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Travel day has arrived.

Am I excited about getting on an airplane? No.

Am I excited about getting on the moving walkway at the airport? YES!

This is going to be fun! I’m excited to hear all about the airport/airplane experience. What city/airport are you flying out of?