A question on assigned boarding time.

WCAB

We recently accepted an upsell from a balcony to a mini suite.  That is the good news.  With the new cabin our check in time given is 2:45 p.m.  Given our early morning flight

we will probably be at the cruise terminal by 11:30.  I like to get my bearings and have a bit of lunch prior to the fire drill.  Is it possible that we would be allowed to board prior

to 2:45?  We would not be going directly to the cabin but just getting used to the ship and having some lunch.

You don’t mention what port. If it’s Port Everglades, Los Angeles or San Franciscico our experience has been that 11:30 is fine. Those times you mention are “suggested” and people usually arrive earlier. Boarding will Usually begin around 11:30. 

They have been saying cabins won't be available until 1 pm So we usually just keep

Our carry on with us 

Edited by jennybenny

As noted 11:30 will be fine - we've only been delayed when the ship was coming from extended cruise to foreign ports (like around South America) and CBP needed to finger print all foreign nationals disembarking.  Of course, at 2:45 you will have almost zero wait time on boarding, earlier you may have to wait some.

Concerto DR Deck 6 midships will be open for lunch 12 - 1:30.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

1 hour ago, jennybenny said:

You don’t mention what port. If it’s Port Everglades, Los Angeles or San Franciscico our experience has been that 11:30 is fine. Those times you mention are “suggested” and people usually arrive earlier. Boarding will Usually begin around 11:30. 

They have been saying cabins won't be available until 1 pm So we usually just keep

Our carry on with us 

Ditto, I do exactly the same as you.

Tony

Go directly to the pier. You will be checked in, then shown to the boarding area, and will be assigned to a group according to your arrival at the pier, not according to your deck. Progressive boarding is a suggestion only, I have never seen it enforced. Boarding begins around 11:30 with priority boarders. Once boarding begins it goes quickly. Arriving at the pier around 11:30 will be the peak time.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, skynight said:

Go directly to the pier. You will be checked in, then shown to the boarding area, and will be assigned to a group according to your arrival at the pier, not according to your deck. Progressive boarding is a suggestion only, I have never seen it enforced. Boarding begins around 11:30 with priority boarders. Once boarding begins it goes quickly. Arriving at the pier around 11:30 will be the peak time.

You didn't mention what ship you are sailing on.  If it's a MedallionClass ship, boarding is supposed to go even faster.

Thank you all, Since two members are driving and two of us fly in, this will allow us to set up a specific time to meet up

that will not have my sister and I standing for hours waiting at the cruise terminal.

5 minutes ago, WCAB said:

Thank you all, Since two members are driving and two of us fly in, this will allow us to set up a specific time to meet up

that will not have my sister and I standing for hours waiting at the cruise terminal.

Not sure I understand....two of you will board whenever you get to the Port (after the terminal opens) and the other two will board whenever they arrive (after the port opens).  Then you will meet on the ship?

• Like 1