Thanksgiving Sale -- some agents (maybe HAL themselves) offering free gratuities for verandahs and suites

MisterBill99

5 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

The cruise I want to book is jan 2021 New Zealand. I can find the reduced deposit, but not the gratuities. This is for a suite. 

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think that the free gratuities shows up anywhere when booking, does it? Presumably it would be in your confirmation.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Vict0riann said:

I looked up a cruise I was interested in, and strangely enough, it was priced in US dollars.  My HAL site usually shows me the prices in Canadian dollars.   I will check with my PCC tomorrow.  Price said it was good until December 3.

Hey VictOriann give that cruise ship company agency...you know, on Yates or on Millstream a call.  Just booked an Alaska Veranda with grats for first two pax and drink pkg, and OBC etc.  Not sure if it's on all trips, but the Alaska trips next summer are a deal.  On until end of day Friday the 29th. 

18 hours ago, Aesop081 said:

Hey VictOriann give that cruise ship company agency...you know, on Yates or on Millstream a call.  Just booked an Alaska Veranda with grats for first two pax and drink pkg, and OBC etc.  Not sure if it's on all trips, but the Alaska trips next summer are a deal.  On until end of day Friday the 29th. 

Thanks, I did check, prices are about the same.  I eventually booked the TA we wanted with our PCC on the "restricted fare", which worked out at under $100 pp. pd. for an OV, and will get us where we want to be!   

For Alaska, we have taken to booking really last minute when the prices plummet (we live in hope! - not Hope), as it is so easy to get to Seattle or Vancouver.

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

For Alaska, we have taken to booking really last minute when the prices plummet

I noticed those prices in some cruise center windows in Vancouver as we drove past in September  I wonder if we would be able to take advantage of them next year when we are in Vancouver for a longer stay?  We would have a 'proper' Vancouver address, but I wonder if the passports would be a problem?  Or would they look for PR cards?