UK Black Friday Sale

nordski

13 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Maybe this will apply to US residents as well and even include some incentives for 2021. 

There may well be offerings in the North American market.

But I've seen nothing as of yet.

I don’t think this Black Friday “Sale” is going to be anything to get excited by, my travel agent has jumped the gun and has the offer online now but with a note saying it goes live tomorrow. 
Azamara are offering flights from £1, so I thought I would price a random cruise that the travel agent is promoting this being Journey’s Monaco GP voyage 5 nights from May 21st.

Currently on the Azamara website a V3 balcony cabin would be £3596 for 2 pax. cruise only. My travel agent’s website is offering the same V3 including the flights for £1 offer at £4134 for 2 pax. so an increase of £538 and this may include an element of discount.

Out of interest I also costed return economy flights from London to Barcelona with British Airways these came to £410.42 for 2 pax. 
So allowing for transfers this offer is just more smoke and mirrors, really getting fed up know with prices going up and down as “offers” come and go, not prepared to play these games anymore.

5 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I don’t think this Black Friday “Sale” is going to be anything to get excited by, my travel agent has jumped the gun and has the offer online now but with a note saying it goes live tomorrow. 
Azamara are offering flights from £1, so I thought I would price a random cruise that the travel agent is promoting this being Journey’s Monaco GP voyage 5 nights from May 21st.

Currently on the Azamara website a V3 balcony cabin would be £3596 for 2 pax. cruise only. My travel agent’s website is offering the same V3 including the flights for £1 offer at £4134 for 2 pax. so an increase of £538 and this may include an element of discount.

Out of interest I also costed return economy flights from London to Barcelona with British Airways these came to £410.42 for 2 pax. 
So allowing for transfers this offer is just more smoke and mirrors, really getting fed up know with prices going up and down as “offers” come and go, not prepared to play these games anymore.

Understand your disappointment.

From the Twitter announcement I take it that there are only 10 voyages involved in the sale.

I would assume they would involve short flights from the UK.

27 minutes ago, nordski said:

Understand your disappointment.

From the Twitter announcement I take it that there are only 10 voyages involved in the sale.

I would assume they would involve short flights from the UK.

Only two showing on the email I received from my travel agent but I would assume you’re right that it will be only cruises with short flights.

It’s not disappointment but frustration, with all the price changes one I have been tracking is a 3 night cruise that I wanted to add to an existing booking, it’s always been overpriced but balcony cabin prices have risen by 50% when promotions have been included and there are still well over 100 empty cabins. Luckily we are in a position that we could book it the day before sailing without problems, but how does that help Azamara?

42 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Only two showing on the email I received from my travel agent but I would assume you’re right that it will be only cruises with short flights.

It’s not disappointment but frustration, with all the price changes one I have been tracking is a 3 night cruise that I wanted to add to an existing booking, it’s always been overpriced but balcony cabin prices have risen by 50% when promotions have been included and there are still well over 100 empty cabins. Luckily we are in a position that we could book it the day before sailing without problems, but how does that help Azamara?

Thanks for the clarification.

As an aside, I've always found your assessments of Azamara's operations very fair and insightful. 

Just out of interest I went onto the Azamara website today in the sake of fairness and picked off the following pricing for 2 occupying a V3 for the cruise you mentioned, so it looks like it isn’t a false deal.  I’m not sure of that pricing from your travel agent.  Doesn’t look correct.  

Phil

29F7AEED-F514-4317-8AF5-2D1E6BDE043A.png

37A39C55-4A18-480F-9912-7EEE95D20E96.png

Edited by excitedofharpenden

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just out of interest I went onto the Azamara website today in the sake of fairness and picked off the following pricing for 2 occupying a V3 for the cruise you mentioned, so it looks like it isn’t a false deal.  I’m not sure of that pricing from your travel agent.  Doesn’t look correct.  

Phil

29F7AEED-F514-4317-8AF5-2D1E6BDE043A.png

37A39C55-4A18-480F-9912-7EEE95D20E96.png

Yes Phil I was just looking at this and certainly on this cruise it looks like it’s possible to get a good deal although it is odd that if you change those unspecified flights to BA flights with the same times the price rises by £559. Also Gatwick flights are showing as £530 so availability might be limited.

Included  in the offer is Quests Northern Capitals voyage in June which we are booked on, out of interest I check the price regularly so I can see the price for a N2 CC suite has risen by £1500 for 2pax. the flight from Stockholm to Heathrow is £287 so I think caution is advised.

Thanks. 
Realised it’s no benefit to us as we would be back to back so one way flights only and we would never ever fly on the day the cruise departed. 
I will wait for the next offer bus....

4 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Bonnie, is this Black Friday sale available to the Australian market?  I got an email but haven't taken it any further.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Riocca said:

Yes Phil I was just looking at this and certainly on this cruise it looks like it’s possible to get a good deal although it is odd that if you change those unspecified flights to BA flights with the same times the price rises by £559. Also Gatwick flights are showing as £530 so availability might be limited.

Included  in the offer is Quests Northern Capitals voyage in June which we are booked on, out of interest I check the price regularly so I can see the price for a N2 CC suite has risen by £1500 for 2pax. the flight from Stockholm to Heathrow is £287 so I think caution is advised.

£1 flights must be very limited in availability day two of the promotion and the Heathrow flights have increased in price a touch.

7B0A3E61-9C26-403A-9D2B-BE66821FD825.thumb.png.1fe92c604413b618f37ebdbcd2951eb0.png

OK still if you want to fly from Manchester 😄

I did a quick look yesterday at all the cruises on this offer and only found a few flights actually available at £1, really struggling to find the rational as to how inflated prices, crazy promotions resulting in last minute fire sales is helping Azamara.

13 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

They are probably hoping that people who are not has wise to their gimmicks will fall for the hype, it must be working has they keep on doing it.

Currently there are 4 “offers” showing on the Azamara U.K. website, it’s difficult for the average customer to work out which applies so maybe it’s more about causing confusion. I’m sure travel agents who deal with multiple cruise lines can’t keep up with them all and give customers good advice.

10 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Currently there are 4 “offers” showing on the Azamara U.K. website, it’s difficult for the average customer to work out which applies so maybe it’s more about causing confusion. I’m sure travel agents who deal with multiple cruise lines can’t keep up with them all and give customers good advice.

I agree and if travel agents can get confused what chance for a anyone else.

14 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

Bonnie, is this Black Friday sale available to the Australian market?  I got an email but haven't taken it any further.

Hi Aussie travel bird, yes, the Black Friday offer in the Australia/NZ market is the same as the US offer. It is on our homepage of www.azamara.com.