My Time Dining

lulabelle

Also try confirming if you actually got My Time Dining and not Traditional Dining. I was not given an option upon booking, could not find it among the booking confirmations I received and "My Time Dining" didn't show up in the Cruise Planner. After calling the TA, turns out I was set for late Traditional Dining. As soon as they changed it in the system My Time Dining showed up in the Planner. 

If you have a TA, they must sign you up for either MyTime or one of the Traditional seatings.  If your TA signed you up for MTD then you should be able to make reservations for a specific time in your Planner.  If your TA signed you up for Traditional you will NOT be able to make reservations in the Planner.

The Oasis-class ships seem to be the slowest to load dining options in the Planner, but I made my MTD reservations more than a year before sailing (last April for next April sailing).  They do load dining in batches so you just have to keep watching your Planner.  

2 hours ago, biomedbob said:

My take has been to require reservations for MTD negates the original concept!

Reservations are not required, but can be made to shorten your wait for a table. Also, Unlike traditional dining, you can reserve for different times each day. 

2 minutes ago, AspiringCindy said:

I have MTD and have booked times on the planner. How do I get a table for 2?

You will automatically get a table for two unless you say otherwise when you show up for dinner.

I have given up on making reservations for MTD.  We end up waiting anyway.  MTD was working well when the program first came out.  Then the set up was to put you at same table with same wait staff.  If that table had previous diners that were lingering over their dinner...you ended up waiting.  Which is silly when half the tables are empty and set up...have seen it many times.  And the long lines that prove it.  

For breakfast and lunch, you simply walk up...and are lead to first available seats.  That is the way dinner should be run as well IMHO.  Like a land based restaurant, first available with your reservations.  Now if you really insist on the same table and wait staff, THEN ask for it, and be prepared to wait.  But wish they would not decide that for us.  They get really miffed when we tell them we don't need same table/wait staff.  

We have since been opting for specialty dining and the WJ.