Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

17 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

One year ago today I got off the Getaway in New Orleans. It turned out to be my 2nd to last cruise, as I did manage to get on the Encore the last week of February this year.  Had two more booked...Epic in the Med and Escape to Bermuda (see the pattern...all 3 ships started with E) but of course, those didn't happen.  Right now I am not planning anything but hope to be on one of the first Leonardo class sailings in 2022...either a Med or maybe the TA.

I am thankful for the times I did get to travel and will never take it for granted again!

I agree... I don't think any of us will take it for granted ever again, once we're able to sail again...

• Like 5

This afternoon, I was missing the Caribbean, and decided to head over to a local Jamaican restaurant called Irie Mon... Ironically, we have several Jamaican places here in Atlanta that are better than anything I've ever had in Jamaica, including the "famous" Scotchies... I went with my "usual" jerk chicken with rice & peas, and a side of cabbage...

PXL_20201122_193825089.thumb.jpg.9d20da74824af64c267964acb4ea1f88.jpg

PXL_20201122_193829132.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 4

It's so sad to think that my last cruise to date began exactly one year ago tomorrow... Talk about some serious "post cruise depression", not even knowing when we'll be able to sail again... I'm hoping for better things in the new year, but I'm not holding my breath... 

Hopefully, you're all enjoying your Thanksgiving, however you choose to celebrate...

me.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, seaman11 said:

lol, iv had enough waiting on cruises, im flying to mexico on sunday. 

I don't blame you! What part of Mexico; Gulf of Mexico side (Cozumel, Cancun) or Pacific side (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)? Have a margarita for me.

Apparently, I've had long enough waiting on cruises also. I've "gotten off the sidelines" and recently booked 4 cruises; Pride of America (7 day Hawaiian Islands r/t Honolulu, HI - end of Oct 2021), Mardi Gras (8 day Eastern Caribbean r/t Port Canaveral, Fl - Xmas cruise end of Dec 2021), Anthem OTS (11 day Southern Caribbean r/t Bayonne, NJ - end of Jan 2022) and Odyssey OTS (8 day Southern Caribbean r/t Port Everglades, Fl - end of Feb 2022).

I'm banking on that with the new vaccines, by the 2nd half of 2021, cruising will be back up and running ("normally") they way we remembered them. Fingers crossed 🤞...

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

lol, iv had enough waiting on cruises, im flying to mexico on sunday. 

I've been bandying about a plan to travel to Cozumel for a week, but my budget just can't handle it right now... If my June cruise on Virgin Voyages gets cancelled, I'm definitely pulling the trigger on Mexico, I'm tired of waiting for cruises to resume...

• Like 4

On 12/1/2020 at 8:32 AM, sid_9169 said:

I've been bandying about a plan to travel to Cozumel for a week, but my budget just can't handle it right now... If my June cruise on Virgin Voyages gets cancelled, I'm definitely pulling the trigger on Mexico, I'm tired of waiting for cruises to resume...

After what I heard on the news this morning; the UK has approved the Pfizer vaccine and will begin administering the vaccines next week! Not sure how the UK will prioritize who gets the vaccine first but if they are similar to the U.S., it'll be front line heath care workers/first responders, elderly in long term care facilities, elderly w/underlying health conditions first and then down the priority list..

The odds of your June cruise with VV going may have just gone up!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
33 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

As predicted, my Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady cruise in late May was cancelled... I'm now rescheduled for May 2022... Hopefully, this time around it'll actually happen...

Sid, Virgin Voyages canceling, refund $ or future cruise credit?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Back to school said:

Sid, Virgin Voyages canceling, refund $ or future cruise credit?

I took the FCC for double what I originally paid... Enough to completely pay for a back to back cruise...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Von & John said:

Looking forward to you finally traveling on the Scarlet Lacy Sid...

Fifth time's the charm 😎

I'm really hoping that it happens this time... My review is already up to fifty hand written pages, and it's still more than a year away...

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday, NCL announced that they were going to be sailing the Caribbean out of Montego Bay and the Dominican Republic... Immediately, I placed a courtesy hold on the very first sailing of the Joy on August 7th. A couple of hours later, I called and officially completed my booking, and it looks like this one is really going to happen!!!... It'll be my first time "back on board" since December of 2019, and the only away or away plus class ship that I haven't sailed... It looks like the cruise lines have grown tired of being jerked around by the CDC, and are getting back to business!...

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Summerstravel said:

I am reading your old review ( I am really late to the party) but that looks delicious my mouth is watering lol. 

There's a lot more food p0rn to come!... I can't wait to be on board the Joy, and doing this all over again...

• Like 2