Transportation From Vaitape Pier To Bloody Mary's

mkitchy

21 hours ago, mkitchy said:

Good morning all. Tried the search function but found no definitive answer. What is the best way to get from Vaitape Pier to Bloody Mary's. Also, cost and time? Thanks for any info.

Mike

4 ways Mike  ....

1. Take a taxi, yes there are usually a few around the pier/tender area

2. Usually there is a shuttle for $5 USD that takes people to the public beach but will also drop you off at Bloody Mary's

3. Walk   ...... it can be warm but some do walk it but take water 😉

4. Rent a car for a few hours from the place across the street from the dock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 7:00 AM, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

1. Take a taxi, yes there are usually a few around the pier/tender area

2. Usually there is a shuttle for $5 USD that takes people to the public beach but will also drop you off at Bloody Mary's

3. Walk   ...... it can be warm but some do walk it but take water 😉

4. Rent a car for a few hours from the place across the street from the dock

Hi BK -- 

I'm thinking we'll stay on at Bloody Mary at the end of our HAL Island Discovery drive-about. How FAR is it back to the port? I think we're good for about a mile (and will be sure to bring a couple bottles of water from the ship). Otherwise do you think there is a taxi that BMs could call for us? Or just wait for one to come bringing a fare and hail them to take us back...

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Hi BK -- 

I'm thinking we'll stay on at Bloody Mary at the end of our HAL Island Discovery drive-about. How FAR is it back to the port? I think we're good for about a mile (and will be sure to bring a couple bottles of water from the ship). Otherwise do you think there is a taxi that BMs could call for us? Or just wait for one to come bringing a fare and hail them to take us back...

It's an honest 1.5 miles back and it will be hot/humid that time of day. Best to have BM's call for a taxi or the ship may have set up a transfer between the beach and the pier, many ships do and will pick up and drop ff at BM's  .... check with your ship 😉

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

different island (same subject)  but hoping one you experienced can tell me if we can easily get cabs at  pier in Moorea for drop off and pick up at beach (and if you could recommend beach even better😀). Thank you for any info 

6 hours ago, jake97 said:

different island (same subject)  but hoping one you experienced can tell me if we can easily get cabs at  pier in Moorea for drop off and pick up at beach (and if you could recommend beach even better😀). Thank you for any info 

There are two public beaches. Temae Beach is is next to the Sofitel and Ta'ahiamanu which is close to the Hilton. 

Taxis are not plentiful but available on Moorea but the size of the ship could dictate how many may be easily available. A big ship will have a large demand. Make sure you have arranged for the taxi to come back for you at a determined time. 

12 hours ago, jake97 said:

We’re you in Moorea and    Raiatea as well? If so were there taxis or local rides readily available ? Land or water taxis. Thank you for any info 

In Moorea you might have no problem with taxis but depends on the size of your ship. If it's 1000+ there will be great demand. You'd probably be best off reserving transportation ahead of time- Albert's or Torea Nui Transports. You can also rent car through Alberts or Avis. Raiatea is a very small island and while maybe a few land taxis, not many and I'd not count on it. We were on a small ship, 148 passengers, and I saw maybe two. There were a few boats for hire but then again it was just a few. There is an off-brand car rental on Raiatea with older vehicles.

What are you planning on doing?

Thank you, as we are doing lagoon snorkeling in Bora Bora we hoped in Moorea  to go to  

Ta ‘ ahiamanu beach. I have contacted all recommended transport companies but none will commit. As far as Raiatea we had read somewhere there were water taxis readily available to Tahaa but really can’t get definitive answer.  Seems difficult to get answers of what is readily available in each port.  We are going 3/20/20 NCL Jewel . 

I'll address the 'elephant' in the room. Water taxi service in Raiatea is a hit and miss and in this case it's more than likely the size of the ship. Vendors know they will be in very high demand as there isn't enough vendors to handle a large ship. So  ..... your a vendor. Do I commit for a few people in a pre-arrange run or do I wait for when the ship arrives and fill to capacity with a large group that wants to zip around for the entire day and cash in on likely $100,000 local currency. 

This is more than likely simply a case of more demand than supply 😉  If you get anyone to commit to a pre-arranged run/tour book, don't even blink, book it.

23 hours ago, jake97 said:

We’re you in Moorea and    Raiatea as well? If so were there taxis or local rides readily available ? Land or water taxis. Thank you for any info 

Taxis were easy on Moorea. Windstar anchors off of Taha'a, so I did not visit Raiatea at all.

Caveat...  I was on a ship carrying 148 passengers if she's completely full.  I don't know how that changes on a larger ship.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that you want to drift snorkel off of Taha'a. Don't even think about it, book the excursion.