Ocean Medallion insert card size.

masterty

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Here is a quickly put-together end result of your handiwork, just using plain printer paper for now:

What do you think, T?  ( @Lucky TGO)

Steelers Medallion.png

Hi Mr. G

I love it 👍. It looks really nice. Go Steelers!!!

KO you know what’s coming now 😁 Your Pal,

D60540E7-D3DC-49E0-B1C0-E22F60DDFCF0.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

OUCH! 😲 Pie in the face for Tony!

Note: You had me there for a minuted. (Packers fan here.)

Hi Thrak,

It’s OK I like pie especially if it’s a Boston cream pie. 😋

Tony

38C10DAF-2EEB-4EDF-A5AC-D52223E8C36F.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, masterty said:

I have looked high and low for precise dimentions of the insert card offered for the Ocean Medallion default holder. I simply wanted to make my own inserts be be different and creative. I finally recieved my first OM today. I quickly grabbed some calipers and mic'd out the dimentions of the card. I am sharing my findings with you. 

Enjoy..
medallion.thumb.jpg.142191acfc369de98c5f276070f38316.jpg

medalliondimentions.pdf 607.57 kB · 75 downloads

Thank You for sharing this, it was $16 shipping to be able to collect an insert at the port in the UK, so happy I can now make my own. 

These are awesome!   Thanks!!

Any recommendations re waterproofing?  

The card inserts you buy on ship were plastic-y -- maybe laminated? So we could take them in the pool. 

I guess i could find a place to laminate them, but they'd have to be a bit smaller so the edges seal?    Any other ideas?    

Thanks!

34 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

I guess i could find a place to laminate them, but they'd have to be a bit smaller so the edges seal?    Any other ideas?    

I think that laminating them would make them too thick for the case to close. Having never actually seen or held a medallion I had no idea the insert was "plastic-y"  as you put it.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I think that laminating them would make them too thick for the case to close. Having never actually seen or held a medallion I had no idea the insert was "plastic-y"  as you put it.

I just printed mine on regular paper.  Perhaps I will re-print on a heavier bond I have before next voyage.

image.png

Edited by Steelers36

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We bought these onboard.   It is definitely plastic.    Goes in the pool, whereas something off my printer should not.  🤣🤣

23B10BD3-BDEE-40F3-9161-B8E2F64B3845.jpeg

Edited by cruisintoddler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I just printed mine on regular paper.  Perhaps I will re-print on a heavier bond I have before next voyage.

image.png

I was thinking of photo paper for the gloss but, of course, it wouldn't be "pool proof".  In my case it shouldn't matter much as I have never been in a Princess Pool and ashore I could leave it in my bag. Someday we will (hopefully!) actually have a Medallion in hand.

This was created for me based on the buttons I would leave in Geocaches. 😎

image.png.dbdce6627cec938727fe1c1b79d2cf0f.png

image.png.9bd13b4d31b80d30c21e73e9c80419e6.png

Edited by Thrak

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I was thinking of photo paper for the gloss but, of course, it wouldn't be "pool proof".  In my case it shouldn't matter much as I have never been in a Princess Pool and ashore I could leave it in my bag. Someday we will (hopefully!) actually have a Medallion in hand.

This was created for me based on the buttons I would leave in Geocaches. 😎

You won't find me in the pool either and I don't wear it into the shower.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

@ALWAYS CRUZIN where did this come from?

Screenshot_20210708-142740_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5229727eacce89b2251cb84b1403800c.jpg

The lanyard that the medallion came with. I cut it off of it. I found it a bit had to remove when I needed to. I purchased medallion pendants on ebay. To remove the medallion with any one of those. All you need to do is just squeeze the edge of the two together and it pops right out. Looks a lot nicer also. Not bulky like this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Those are so big and bulky. Would never wear one around my neck. Sorry, they just look bad. 

20 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Those are so big and bulky. Would never wear one around my neck. Sorry, they just look bad. 

I have no intention of ever wearing anything on a lanyard. I may keep the thing in the plastic case in my pocket or may just take the medallion out and keep it in my pocket that way. It may be easier to keep track of in the plastic case. Having never had one I'll have to wing it when (if!) the time comes.

Edited by Thrak

21 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The lanyard that the medallion came with. I cut it off of it. I found it a bit had to remove when I needed to. I purchased medallion pendants on ebay. To remove the medallion with any one of those. All you need to do is just squeeze the edge of the two together and it pops right out. Looks a lot nicer also. Not bulky like this one.

Thanks. I've attached it with a retractable belt clip but still kept it in the case.  This would be better

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

I have no intention of ever wearing anything on a lanyard. I may keep the thing in the plastic case in my pocket or may just take the medallion out and keep it in my pocket that way. It may be easier to keep track of in the plastic case. Having never had one I'll have to wing it when (if!) the time comes.

Keep it away from anything that a magnet might rune. Like a credit card.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, masterty said:

Below is a template of posibilities. We are leaving on a Christmas cruise soon and these should work wonderfully. Please share them.  You should also be able to add personaized text to them. Enjoy.  

medalliontemplate4.pdf 1.91 MB · 241 downloads

are these the right size or do we have to expand them.

6 hours ago, mystik said:

are these the right size or do we have to expand them.

They are the correct size. Print, cut and slide in medallion holder.  Also, I would be happy to create one for you. Simply post a link to an image and I will upload the finished file for you and others to use. 

Edited by masterty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1