Sydney Opera House Refurbishment and

Oh you can me a moment! We are flying in a few days early to see some shows in the Opera House before a cruise. 

Only the concert hall is closed in FEb - we have shows in both the Joan Sutherland Theatre and the Studio still showing as bookable. 

13 hours ago, Krisval said:

The Sydney Opera House has just announced it will be closing in February 2020 for a major refurbishment. No reopening date has been provided as of now. 

Bit hyperbolic. It's only the concert hall and it's own foyer that will be closed for refurb. Doesn't affect the rest of the performance spaces or venue in its entirety. 

https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/our-story/Renewal/concert-hall.html

11 hours ago, Krisval said:

I just wrote what was stated on the Sydney Opera House website. If it’s “hyperbolic” you might want to contact them and ask them to be more specific.

Perhaps have a look at this link - https://stories.sydneyoperahouse.com/renewing-an-icon/

Different areas have already been refurbished and over time the remainder will be done as well.

I certainly couldn't see anywhere on the website that the Opera House would be closed from February.

Leigh

On 12/9/2019 at 12:57 AM, Krisval said:

I just wrote what was stated on the Sydney Opera House website. If it’s “hyperbolic” you might want to contact them and ask them to be more specific.

But you actually didn't. The Opera House website very very clearly states it's the Concert Hall being refurbed. It couldn't be any clearer. Theatre venues are always being refurbed. It's a normal fact of life in the Arts world. The Regent in Melb has been closed for months for full refurb and the State Theatre in Melb will be closed for most of next year. 

The refurb in one theatre and foyer of the Opera House won't stop you from viewing the building from the outside, or doing a tour inside, or seeing a performance in the other venues inside. 

2 hours ago, PerfectlyPerth said:

But you actually didn't. The Opera House website very very clearly states it's the Concert Hall being refurbed. It couldn't be any clearer. Theatre venues are always being refurbed. It's a normal fact of life in the Arts world. The Regent in Melb has been closed for months for full refurb and the State Theatre in Melb will be closed for most of next year. 

The refurb in one theatre and foyer of the Opera House won't stop you from viewing the building from the outside, or doing a tour inside, or seeing a performance in the other venues inside. 

At the time I wrote my original post, I took the wording directly from the website. I checked the wording of my post multiple times against the Opera House site before posting it. The Opera House may have changed the notice since my original post.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:50 AM, Krisval said:

At the time I wrote my original post, I took the wording directly from the website. I checked the wording of my post multiple times against the Opera House site before posting it. The Opera House may have changed the notice since my original post.

LOL if you say so. That would be despite most theatre goers knowing this news for quite a few months and its being very common news.