On board the Celebrity Edge

zltm089

On 12/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, lola2013 said:

Like hcat, we had a sunset verandah...outstanding (with the exception of storage in the stateroom for two females who quite possibly overpacked!!!).  We were in 9309 on the 12/1 sailing, just off center, but a great space.  We, too, requested and received two loungers, which got a lot of use.  Chair hogs, specifically those who wanted the chairs in the water, were out in force...so spending time on our balcony was a great alternative.

Happy Holidays to all...

Susan

I think I would really like a sunset veranda, but my DH feels we would get a lot of motion.  He worries because I have had 2 (very short...a few hours) of nausea in the last couple of years.  On our last cruise, they closed the pools for a while, so I guess it wasn't just me.  My TA loves them, and says the motion isn't a problem.  Would love to hear about that from anyone with experience in sunset verandas.

2 hours ago, Madio said:

I think I would really like a sunset veranda, but my DH feels we would get a lot of motion.  He worries because I have had 2 (very short...a few hours) of nausea in the last couple of years.  On our last cruise, they closed the pools for a while, so I guess it wasn't just me.  My TA loves them, and says the motion isn't a problem.  Would love to hear about that from anyone with experience in sunset verandas.

Only had one once on another line and loved it especially at sailaway.  If the price is right I will upgrade on my May Mediterranean cruise but wouldn't pay hundreds more than a regular verandah

On 12/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, cruising teacher said:

Happy you are enjoying your cruise.we r doing the transatlantic in October. Do you know where the smoking area are? 

We just booked the T/A in October on the Edge too! Tough decision based on such varied reviews (and the fact we LOVE the Silhouette, did her on our last T/A, AND she's been refurbished), but we want to do Italy so this itinerary worked better.  Since it's our first Westbound T/A and we hear it can be brisk, I'm thinking the IV will actually work well for that.  I enjoy my balcony a lot and if it's cold, can close the window and still sit "outside", or if warm, open it all up for the breeze.  Seems to be a good fit for a T/A.  We will see.  Hope to see you on the Roll Call.

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Only had one once on another line and loved it especially at sailaway.  If the price is right I will upgrade on my May Mediterranean cruise but wouldn't pay hundreds more than a regular verandah

I've only one once and LOVED it.  The view is amazing and to address the motion sickness question, I am very prone to it.  I take Meclazine and never had a problem.  Not in the vaca budget but hope to have another one in the future.

Thanks to all of the responders about the SV motion problem.  We'll definitely try for one on a future cruise.  Bet they fill up early.  I would think the Mediterranean would be a place for it.  We never had a lot of motion there, but is that the norm?

7 minutes ago, Madio said:

Thanks to all of the responders about the SV motion problem.  We'll definitely try for one on a future cruise.  Bet they fill up early.  I would think the Mediterranean would be a place for it.  We never had a lot of motion there, but is that the norm?

Not sure if it matters, but we have done the Mediterranean at the beginning of June and also mid to end of October...both times were beautiful weather and smooth sailing.  And yes, the SVs tend to fill up quickly.  We usually book early so we get one of those cabins.

8 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Not sure if it matters, but we have done the Mediterranean at the beginning of June and also mid to end of October...both times were beautiful weather and smooth sailing.  And yes, the SVs tend to fill up quickly.  We usually book early so we get one of those cabins.

Would love to have booked a SV but my may 30th Mediterranean cruise is so port intensive with only 1 sea day didn't think we would get our value from booking one as we plan on making the most of our days in the various countries. 

• Like 1