On board the Celebrity Edge

zltm089

2 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Deck 9 on Edge was very quiet...never heard any music (with the exception of the gentleman next door who sat on his balcony listening to music.  It was not intrusive at all.  I believe he actually turned the volume down when he knew we were on the balcony.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of soot...never experienced that before on an S Class ship, but it was just a bit on the railing.  Not wanting to wait for the cabin steward to wipe it down, it was a quick swipe with a few Kleenex to get it cleaned up.

Thanks..not very much that I recall on 7..but we never really stayed put there for long periods.  Very sunny!

Our worst soot memory was on Silhouette..We were out at the Aft Bar , when a huge puff back  happened.  Everyone  was coated ( hair, eyes, nostrils, shoes , clothes),  and everything ( the bar, deck, tables chairs drinks) was covered in oilly black soot.  Officer  response was swift..several taken for medical care.  We were given refreshed drinks and they picked up our sooty clothing for overnight  service.  Amazingly my new white shorts were perfect again!  I am cautious ever since although they said it was a one off..

But I am looking forward to my aft Balc on APEX!

• Like 1

Thank you for the great pics and review.  The Edge is still a thought for me if I find the right cruise to go.  Any chance of getting pics of the prices in the Spa.  Kind of curious since Canyon Ranch is being replaced by the same people who run the Edge Spa.  Im guessing similar but I know my next cruise my travel partner will be using the spa amenities, treatments a lot.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Thank you never been to the Mediterranean so really looking forward to it. 😀

This was our second cruise to the Med.  First was on Equinox in 2013...mid-October for two weeks.  The weather at that time was also fabulous.  You will love everything about the trip.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, bikerunner said:

Thank you for the great pics and review.  The Edge is still a thought for me if I find the right cruise to go.  Any chance of getting pics of the prices in the Spa.  Kind of curious since Canyon Ranch is being replaced by the same people who run the Edge Spa.  Im guessing similar but I know my next cruise my travel partner will be using the spa amenities, treatments a lot.   

They sold entrance to the spa for the duration of the whole cruise and "daily" passes were not available when we asked.

Entrance price was quite high imo, and was about $450 as far as I can remember.

Massage treatments were very pricey aswell compared to onshore spas.

• Thanks 1

Treatments are priced higher on ships.

I look for port pricing andthe basuc facial and massage.  Happy to read that the spa mgmnt for EDGE will take over from Canyon Ranch on other ships in May.  CR was  even more expensive and not  as good

Great review, thanks for taking the time. 

Do you remember what time the shows were?  I have heard 7 & 9 and also 7:30 & 9:30.    This will make a difference when making reservations for dinner.  

On 1/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, itsanita said:

Do you remember what time the shows were?  I have heard 7 & 9 and also 7:30 & 9:30.    This will make a difference when making reservations for dinner.  

Oh no sorry, can't remember.

I know for sure that they have 2 shows catered for "early" and "late" dining. You might want to go for the flexible dining option and then book the table so that you can get to the venue at least 20mins before. Some shows are quite popular. But during our 7 day cruise, some of them were repeat so no worries if you've missed it. Most likely to have another session lined up.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:06 PM, zltm089 said:

On board the Celebrity Edge

Voyage details: 24th of November - Western Caribbean Cruise

The Edge is one of Celebrity’s flagship vessels and we were very impressed with the chic modern design of the ship. This is our first celebrity cruise and I have to say that it does slot nicely in the   Premium “light” category of cruise lines. To provide this review with a bit of context, my cruise history is not as extensive but having cruised with Cunard (QM2 and QV) and being a big foodie, I’d like to think that I would be able to provide a fairly accurate review of the Edge with regards to its facilities and dining experience.

We had an infinite veranda in the concierge class and the views we had at sunrise and sunset were spectacular. The room itself was quite spacious and had lots of storage capacity. Design was modern and elegant. The technology on board was top notch and innovative with the ability to control lights, tv programs, aircon and other features all from our mobile app. Our cabin attendant was very helpful and friendly. Our cabin was conveniently located close to most of the ships amenities and it was very easy to find directions across the ship.

The complimentary dining restaurants were all beautifully decorated and had a modern design feel mixed with some traditional features. However, the food was slightly below standard when compared to the beauty of the ship. Having sampled some great restaurants onshore in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, I am perhaps being slightly harsh here but I was expecting better preparation, freshness and quality in the main dining restaurants on board. The buffet restaurant was overcrowded at times and I was hoping for more variety and better quality food (again, please note that I normally only go to well reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor so my standards/expectations are relatively quite high).  

The evening shows and entertainment were good (not expecting “Broadway” type of shows in a ship). The main theatre’s capacity was fairly limited though. It’s a new ship and as such all the public areas were modern, nice and clean. The overall feel was definitely like you were in a premium ship, there were plenty of space around the pools to relax and a lot of high end shops on board. Evenings were not too formal or overly posh.

Overall, I would say that this ship is beautifully designed and it does have a premium feel atmosphere. Service from the staff was excellent. Shore excursions were good and well organised. Only area of improvement would be the dining facilities and buffet restaurant.

20191124_114627.jpg

20191124_114642.jpg

20191124_114651.jpg

20191124_114656.jpg

20191124_115028.jpg

20191124_115415.jpg

20191124_115828.jpg

20191124_115840.jpg

20191124_115855.jpg

20191124_115918.jpg

20191124_163137.jpg

20191124_180156.jpg

20191124_185755.jpg

20191124_185804.jpg

20191124_185811.jpg

20191124_185821.jpg

20191124_154307.jpg

20191124_160859.jpg

20191124_195254.jpg

20191124_220254.jpg

20191124_220324.jpg

20191125_085236.jpg

20191125_100343.jpg

20191124_160133.jpg

20191124_160647.jpg

20191124_211751.jpg

20191125_205600.jpg

20191125_212640.jpg

20191126_205204.jpg

20191126_211150.jpg

20191130_203323.jpg

Loved your detailed review, as we are booked on the Edge for March 15.  Got a fabulous deal (4 perks inc.) so we splurged on Aqua Class.  In which dining venue did you get that fabulous looking Beef Wellington?  Is it a regular menu item?  We are also apprehensive about the IV, as it gets mixed reviews.  We opted to have  our bed near the bathroom, thinking the living area would feel larger.  Oh well, it will be a new adventure.  Also wondering about the Chef's Table/Chef's Dinner?  Do you know if I can book ahead, or must be onboard?  Use OBC?  Seem to be a lot of people who book their specialty dining pre-cruise.  Since we have access to Blu, I kind of wanted to see how good it was before booking too much Specialty.  Will it be hard to get after boarding?  Too many questions?  Anyway, thanks for your wonderful review.

• Thanks 1

We are on deck 12 midship on the Edge - under the pool area.  Will we be woken up in the morning with chairs and people moving around above us?  We are not early risers.  We have never had a cabin on such a high floor before.  Hope we have a peaceful cruise experience.  

On 1/7/2020 at 8:51 AM, itsanita said:

Shows in The Theater are at 7.30p & 9.30p

bon voyage

12 hours ago, zltm089 said:

Booking restaurants onboard on the day wasn't an issue at all.

That's good news that it was easy to book the restos. From which one was the menu you posted?  And when was your cruise? We're on the Edge on March 15, and apprehensive about booking specialty dining ahead because we will have access to Blu, and don't know how good that will be.  If it's really good, we may want to spend our OBC's on something other than specialty dining.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, hurwitz5 said:

We are on deck 12 midship on the Edge - under the pool area.  Will we be woken up in the morning with chairs and people moving around above us?  We are not early risers.  We have never had a cabin on such a high floor before.  Hope we have a peaceful cruise experience.  

Probably.  That would be expected for any cabin under the pool deck.  I would switch cabins if that's possible.  

34 minutes ago, Madio said:

That's good news that it was easy to book the restos. From which one was the menu you posted?  And when was your cruise? We're on the Edge on March 15, and apprehensive about booking specialty dining ahead because we will have access to Blu, and don't know how good that will be.  If it's really good, we may want to spend our OBC's on something other than specialty dining.

Not sure, but Zitmo may be referring to the 4 mdrs rather than Specialty venues.

On our EDGE cruise, the Specialty venues were hard to book once on board, esp for earlier  dining times.

If you have anything special in mind or a particular date, I'd suggest making a res ahead of time..The specialty venues do book up.  If you pick a date towards the end of the cruise, once you try BLU and are happy, you can always cancel other res with proper notice...

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not sure, but Zitmo may be referring to the 4 mdrs rather than Specialty venues.

On our EDGE cruise, the Specialty venues were hard to book once on board, esp for earlier  dining times.

If you have anything special in mind or a particular date, I'd suggest making a res ahead of time..The specialty venues do book up.  If you pick a date towards the end of the cruise, once you try BLU and are happy, you can always cancel other res with proper notice...

Thanks so much!  Great idea to make the res, and then cancel if we like Blu.  We are also interested in Raw on 5, and would like to have lunch there on embarkation day.  Some say it is open for lunch, but the website says only dinner.  Who to believe?

Not sure at all about embarkation day anywhere on the ship but the buffet

Raw was open on our cruise on Sea days..need res  or agree to a 20 min wait, so we moved on 

Fav specialty lunch for us was Bistro Cafe...great service, small upharge,  excellent menu and location on the ship..sea views!  Check it out..

Free deli, soup,  salad lunch at EDEN cafe. Great desserts.

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, Madio said:

Thanks so much!  Great idea to make the res, and then cancel if we like Blu.  We are also interested in Raw on 5, and would like to have lunch there on embarkation day.  Some say it is open for lunch, but the website says only dinner.  Who to believe?

Unless there was a change, the following venues are open to the general public on Embarkation Day:

OVC

The SpaCafe

Mast Grill

Le Grand Bistro

bon appetit and bon voyage

11 hours ago, Madio said:

Menus are from Normandie and Tuscan.

I was on the 24th of Nov cruise, western Caribbean. 

I've heard positive things for Blu.

I spent my obc on excursions 

• Thanks 1