Help for my friend!

VK3DQ

Mr B a friend  is afraid of the water and cruising is not for him however I had this e-mail from him a few hours ago whilst I am in mid pacific on board Maasdam

I wonder if you would choose the same cruise that I suggested for him

"Mrs B is exerting huge pressure on me to take a little boat trip to New Zealand.
I know I have asked you for your suggestions in the past but it now seems evident that I can't worm my way out of this current predicament [short of becoming deceased] so any help you can give will be appreciated.
Madam B has been on the Internet and it seems that most voyages don't leave until well into the following year.
Being extremely keen to swing the lead, She is hoping to cast off as early as possible.
I am in your hands.
Respectfully,
Mr B."
image.png.0ca0e4d05b0e2c54984c167b7aaed06d.png

Regards John

"

Given that your friend is nervous of sea travel, I would counsel against New Zealand if the plan is to leave from Australia.  I'm an experienced cruiser and found crossing the ditch unpleasant in parts; we were on the tail end of Cyclone Debbie and this is the only time in my travelling life that I've been sea sick.  My suggestion is that they choose a part or full navigation of Australia first, much calmer seas and a wonderful introduction to cruising life.  This was my first cruising experience some years ago and remains one of my favourites.  He should aim for a mid-ships cabin on a deck with cabins above and below.   My thoughts for what they're worth.

My parents are currently on Pacific Aria to PNG.  My Dad can't swim, has been sea sick on ferries and was never keen on going on a cruise.  Mum finally convinced him and I've seen some photo's and the water looks very calm going along the Queensland coast and at their ports of call.  I did the research for their trip and PNG looks amazing.  Would be very different from NZ as PNG is not a developed country.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:16 AM, VK3DQ said:

Mr B a friend  is afraid of the water and cruising is not for him however I had this e-mail from him a few hours ago whilst I am in mid pacific on board Maasdam

I wonder if you would choose the same cruise that I suggested for him

"Mrs B is exerting huge pressure on me to take a little boat trip to New Zealand.
I know I have asked you for your suggestions in the past but it now seems evident that I can't worm my way out of this current predicament [short of becoming deceased] so any help you can give will be appreciated.
Madam B has been on the Internet and it seems that most voyages don't leave until well into the following year.
Being extremely keen to swing the lead, She is hoping to cast off as early as possible.
I am in your hands.
Respectfully,
Mr B."
image.png.0ca0e4d05b0e2c54984c167b7aaed06d.png

Regards John

"

John, I suggest a large ship such as the Majestic which has the most amazing stabilizing system.   We had some heavy seas on one point across the Tasman and seriously it was impressive how the ship managed to alleviate the swells.    We watched from Crooners one evening at the water sloshing over the windows and could only feel the slightest of movement.  It was hard to reconcile the feeling with the vision!

21 hours ago, MargoK said:

John, I suggest a large ship such as the Majestic which has the most amazing stabilizing system.   We had some heavy seas on one point across the Tasman and seriously it was impressive how the ship managed to alleviate the swells.    We watched from Crooners one evening at the water sloshing over the windows and could only feel the slightest of movement.  It was hard to reconcile the feeling with the vision!

MargoK, I had the same experience on Majestic in March crossing the Tasman. Really weird disconnect between what I was seeing thru the balcony doors and what I felt, I was glad of it though!

Edited by phoenixx
Correct spelling